Name: William JACKSON
Given Name: William
Birth: October 21, 1799 in Duanesburgh, Albany, NY
Death: October 31, 1890 in Holley, Orleans, NY
Census: 1850 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY age 50 farmer
Page 372, line 33, dwelling 105
Census: 1855 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY age 55 farmer, born Albany Co, NY
Census: 1860 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY age 60 farmer Post Office Murray
Census: 1865 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY age 65 farmer, born Schenectady, NY
Census: 1870 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY age 70 farmer; post office Knowlesville
Census: 1880 Holley, Orleans, NY age 80 retired farmer
Obituary, Marcellus Observor, September 30, 1880 and October 14, 1880 or James Jackson, born 1775 London, England. Contributee by Jodell Z. McVey
William Jackson, the oldest resident of this village (Holley) died Friday evening, aged 91 years. The surviving sons and daughters are Orange I. Jackson of Onondaga, Edwin R. Jackson of Holley; Mrs. P.
Catri?m of Albion, MI; Mrs. E. H?unt of Medina, NY; Mrs. J. B. Knapp of Homer, MI and Mrs. Celia Brown, of Tennessee. Three brothers, james and Benjamin of Medina; Amos of Syracuse and one sister, Mrs. Clarinda Wiley of Danville.
Moved to Ridgeway, Orleans, NY in 1825-26, later moving to Holley, near the Monroe County line.
Census: 1830 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY age 30-40
Census: 1850 Ridgeway, Orleans, NY 50 farmer, dwelling 105
1. Jackson Family History compiled by J. Ceylon Jackson, contributed by Jodell McVey
2. Genealogical and Family of Greater Wester New York, William richard Cutter, Vol 1, pp 306,307
3. Lynn Crowder
4. Pioneer History of Orleans County, New York by Arad Thomas, page 349
5. Stephen B. Yim
Pioneer History of New Orleans County:
William Jackson was born in Duannesburg, NY October 21, 1799. He bought an article of one hundred acres of land in Ridgeway, part of lots 21, township 15, range 4, in September of 1826. After building a log house on his lot he returned to Onondaga County after his family and brought them to their new home the next February (1827). His house was without a door or window or floor when he moved into it, but blankets for a few days were good substitutes for doors and windows. (After he had ) made a floor and door they lived comfortably. Prosperity attended his labor. In a short time he bought more land which he has fitted and cultivated into one of the finest farms in the county.
Mr. Jackson married Married Comstock January 20, 1822. They have had 11 children, seven of whom are living.
His father, James Jackson, was born in London, England, and emigrated to America in early life.
Death Certificate, Orleans County, State of New York # 42493
Died Holly, NY October 31, 1892 of old age; age 91 years
Birthplace Duanesburg, NY
Father and mother's name and birthplace ... not given
Burial: Hillside Cemetery
Reported by E.R. Jackson
Father: James JACKSON b: May 6, 1775 in London, England
Mother: Ruth ELLISON b: ca 1780 in Mohawk Valley region, NY
Martha COMSTOCK b: 1806 in , Onondaga, NY
January 20, 1822
in , Onondaga, NY
- Orange L. JACKSON b: December 1831 in , Orleans, NY
- Wealthy JACKSON b: 1836 in , Orleans, NY
- Edwin R. JACKSON b: December 1844 in , Orleans, NY
- Cecelia (Celia) E. JACKSON b: 1846 in Medina, Orleans, NY
- Mary M. JACKSON b: September 21, 1840 in ,, NY
- Jane B. JACKSON b: September 22, 1829
- William Jr. JACKSON b: 1825 in , Onondaga, NY
- Emeline JACKSON b: April 25, 1827 in , Orleans, NY
- Chester JACKSON b: February 17, 1849 in Ridgeway, Orleans, NY
Charlotte UNKNOWN b: 1800 in ,, NY