Name: Nehemiah Eastman
Given Name: Nehemiah
Birth: 16 Jun 1782 in Gilmanton, Belknap Co., New Hampshire
Death: 10 Jan 1856 in Farmington, Strafford Co., New Hampshire
Burial: Farmington, Strafford Co., New Hampshire
! (1) "Genealogical Sketches of the Woodbury Family," by Charles Levi Woodbury (John B. Clarke, Manchester, NH, 1904) p.110, 117.
Change Date: 23 Feb 2009 at 00:00:00
(2) "New England Historical & Genealogical Register," Vol. I, Jan 1847, Sketches of Alumni at the Different Colleges in New England, "Hon. Levi Woodbury of Portsmouth, NH,", p.86.
(3) "History of Francestown, NH, from its Earliest Settlement, April 1758 to 1 Jan 1891," by Rev. W.R. Cochrane and George K. Wood (Nashua, NH, by the town of Francestown, NH, 1895) p.996. FHL #974.28/F1 H2c. Cites: (a) Charles Levi Woodbury.
(4) Larry Wert, Manchester, NH. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (1998).
(5) "Richard Clough Anderson Papers (1784-1904), Bound Volumes and Folders 1-169, Original Records of the Virginia Military District (http://www.library.uiuc.edu/ihx/big.html). (a) Folder 57, Item 12. (b) Folder 65, item 24. (c) Folder 51, item 33.
! Birth: (4) s/o Lt. Ebenezer EASTMAN/Mary BUTLER; gs/o Samuel EASTMAN/Sarah BROWN. 16 Jun 1782. Gilmanton, NH.
Death: (4) 10 Jan 1856. Farmington, NH.
Burial: (4) Farmington, NH.
(1) Was a lawyer & member of Congress.
(3) Of Farmington.
(5c) 1820, 29 Feb: M. LOOFBARINOW wrote to Allen LATHAM, surveyor of VA Military District. EASTMAN in prison at LATHAM?s suit, will probably give up property in a few days. Inquires if he will support him should EASTMAN take the oath.
(5a) 1821, 6 Apr: Nehemiah EASTMAN, Farmington, NH, wrote to Allen LATHAM, surveyor of VA Military District, OH. Requests receipt for payment of previous year?s taxes. Also has lands for sale in IL, MO, and AR.
(5b) 1823, 19 Aug: Nehemiah EASTMAN, Farmington, wrote to Allen LATHAM. Inquires whether taxes and fees due.
(2) 1847, Jan: Was living in Farmington, Strafford Co., NH.
Father: Ebenezer Eastman b: 24 Apr 1746 in Kingston, Rockingham Co., New Hampshire
Mother: Mary Butler
Anstriss Barker Woodbury b: 29 May 1793 in Francestown, Hillsborough Co., New Hampshire
24 Oct 1813
in Francestown, Hillsborough Co., New Hampshire
- Charles Eastman b: 10 Nov 1814 in Farmington, Strafford Co., New Hampshire
- Martha Ann Eastman b: 7 Apr 1817 in Farmington, Strafford Co., New Hampshire
- George Nehemiah Eastman b: 20 Jan 1820 in Farmington, Strafford Co., New Hampshire
- Henry Patrick Eastman M.D. b: 17 Mar 1825 in Farmington, Strafford Co., New Hampshire