Name: Daniel Robbins
Given Name: Daniel
Death: 1846 in , Adams Co., Ohio
! (1) "Daniel Robbins Family," by Ervan Mark Robbins, Seal Beach, CA (publication unknown), p.491-492. Cites: (a) Allegheny Co., PA Deed Bk 3, p.305. (b) "Pioneer History of Winchester, Adams Co., OH," by W.M. Sellman. (c) Adams Co., OH Deeds, Vol. 24, p.351.
Change Date: 1 Aug 2010 at 01:00:00
(2) "Adams County, Ohio Voter Lists 1810, 1811, 1812" (Adams Co. Genealogical Soc., West Union, OH) p.4.
(3) "Pioneer History of Winchester (Adams County) Ohio," by W.M. Sellman (W.M. Sellman, 1965; rpt. Adams Co. Genealogical Soc., 1982) p.39, 50.
! Marriage to Sarah LEEDOM: (1b) (3) Sarah.
Death: (1b) 1844. (3) 1846.
(1a) 1792, 31 Mar: Daniel and Sarah ROBBINS sell to George MORTAN interest in two tracts of land containing 132 acres from Benjamin and James KEYKENDALL, Mifflin Twp., Allegheny Co., PA. [NOTE: Mifflin Twp. was part of the area ceded by Washington Co. to Allegheny Co. about 1790. At an earlier time it was part of the area claimed by Yohogania Co., VA. The county existed only between 1776 and 1786, when it was returned to Augusta Co., VA, which later surrendered its claims.]
(1b,3) Bef. Jun 1798: Came to Adams Co., OH from PA, where he was licensed to operate a tavern. (1) Among the first settlers of Adams Co., OH, where he continued to live in Liberty and Winchester Townships until his death. (1) Came from Allegheny Co., PA.
(3) 1798, Jun: Was licensed to keep a tavern in Adams Co., OH.
(2) 1810, 9 Oct: John ROBINS, Daniel ROBINS listed in pollbook for election held in Sprigg Twp., Adams Co., OH.
(1b,3) 1813: Settled on a farm about 4 miles NE of Winchester where he lived until his death. (1) This farm consisted of the westerly 1000 acres of the 2000 acre Vause Survey 1693-1695, lying at the north edge of Adams Co., a small portion projecting north into Highland Co., OH.
(1c) 1844, 7 Oct: Five of the 7 heirs of Daniel ROBBINS Sr. sold to another heir, William ROBBINS, their 5/7ths interest in 112 acres, less 26 acres previously sold by Daniel ROBBINS Sr., of survey 2086, about 4 miles south of Winchester. Sellers were Philip ROBBINS and Phebe his wife of Wayne Co., IN; John ROBBINS and Lydia his wife of Fulton Co., IN; Thomas ROBBINS and Hannah his wife of Adams Co., OH; Daniel ROBBINS Jr. and Rebecca his wife of Adams Co., OH; and Joseph ROBBINS and Mary his wife of Fulton Co., IN.
Sarah Leedom b: ABT 1758 in , Bucks Co., Pennsylvania
- Philip Robbins b: 15 Aug 1784 in , Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania
- John Robbins b: 29 May 1788 in , Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania
- William Robbins b: 5 Feb 1790 in , Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania
- Thomas Robbins b: 18 Oct 1793 in Mifflin Twp., Alleghany Co., Pennsylvania
- Joseph Robbins b: 26 Aug 1795 in , Adams Co., Ohio
- Jesse Robbins b: ABT 1800 in , Adams Co., Ohio
- Daniel Robbins Jr. b: 12 Feb 1804 in , Adams Co., Ohio