Name: Thomas Robbins
Given Name: Thomas
Birth: 18 Oct 1793 in Mifflin Twp., Alleghany Co., Pennsylvania
Death: 9 Nov 1865 in Winchester, Adams Co., Ohio
Burial: Oakland Cemetery, Winchester Twp., Adams Co., Ohio
! (1) Mary Louise Alcorn, Toledo, OH.
Change Date: 1 May 2011 at 01:00:00
(2) Carolyn Davidson Carey, Greenwood Village, CO. Cites: (a) "Winchester, Ohio Pioneer History," by W.M. Sellman, p.39,50,51,57,59.
(3) 1830 census index, Scott Twp., Adams Co., OH, p.56.
(4) "Daniel Robbins Family," by Ervan Mark Robbins, Seal Beach, CA, publication unknown. Cites: (a) Adams Co., OH deeds, Vol. 24, p.351, recorded 28 Jan 1847. (b) Pittsburg, PA, Deed Book Vol. 3, p.305, recorded 9 Jun 1794, Alleghany Co.
(5) "A History of Adams County, Ohio," by Nelson W. Evans and Emmons B. Stivers (E.B. Stivers, West Union, OH, 1900) p.160,163.
(6) "Pioneer History of Winchester (Adams County) Ohio," by W.M. Sellman (W.M. Sellman, 1965; rpt. Adams Co. Genealogical Soc., 1982) p.50-51, 57.
(7) "Some Marriage Records of Adams County, Ohio 1797-1894," by Adams Co. Genealogical Soc. (Walsworth Pub. Co., Marceline, MO, 1988) Vol. 1, p.26. Cites: (a) Marriage Bk 2, p.33.
(8) Find A Grave Memorial #61031947 (http://www.findagrave.com, 2 Nov 2010).
! Birth: (2a,4) s/o Daniel ROBBINS/Sarah LEEDOM. (6) s/o Daniel ROBBINS/Sarah. (1) 1793. (2a,4,6) 18 Oct 1793. (8) 12 Sep 1792. (2a,4,6) PA. (4b) His parents were living in Mifflin Twp., Alleghany Co., PA, which was part of the area ceded by Washington Co. to Alleghany Co. in 1790, earlier claimed by Yohogania Co., VA, then Augusta Co., VA.
Marriage to Hannah MOORE: (6) 12 Nov 1814. (7a) 12 Aug 1814. Adams Co., OH. By David KIRKPATRICK.
Death: (1) 1865. (2a,4,6) 9 Nov 1865. (8) 9 Oct 1865. (2a,4,6) Winchester, Adams Co., OH. (8) Age 72 yrs. 27 dys.
Burial: (2a,4,6) Olive Green Cemetery, 4 miles northeast of Winchester, OH near Emerald, Winchester Twp. (8) Oakland Cemetery, Adams Co., OH. [NOTE: Oakland Cemetery is also known as Olive Green Cemetery, located in the NE section of Winchester Twp.]
(2a,6) Had no children. Reared nieces and nephews.
(2a,4b) c.1794/5: (2a,4b,6) Came to Adams Co., OH with his parents when very young.
(2a,4,6) 1813, 28 Jul: Enlisted in Capt. John DAVIDSON's Co., War of 1812. (2a,4b) The company was raised in the general area now included in western Adams and eastern Brown Co., OH.
(2a,6) Lived on a farm 3 miles north of Winchester and in Winchester, Adams Co., OH, for many years.
(2a) 1815, 10 Oct: Appears on a list of voters, Wayne Twp., Adams Co., which was in an area later included in Winchester Twp., within a radius of 5 or 6 miles of Winchester-to-be.
(3) 1830: Living in Scott Twp., Adams Co., OH.
(5) 1837, 15 Apr: Qualified as Justice of the Peace for Scott Twp., Adams Co., OH. Term expired 1840.
(4a) 1844, 7 Oct: Thomas Robbins and Hannah, his wife, of Adams Co., OH, and other heirs of Daniel Robbins, sell their 5/7ths interests in 112 acres, less 26 acres sold by Daniel Sr., of Survey 3086 for $40 each to another heir, William Robbins. The land is about 4 miles south of Winchester, OH.
(5) 1846, 21 Apr: Thomas Robbins qualified as Justice of the Peace for Winchester Twp., Adams Co., OH. Term expired 1849.
Father: Daniel Robbins
Mother: Sarah Leedom b: ABT 1758 in , Bucks Co., Pennsylvania
Hannah Moore b: 3 Oct 1796 in , Mason Co., Kentucky
12 Aug 1814
in , Adams Co., Ohio