Name: Frances Norton "Fannie" Baylor
Given Name: Frances Norton "Fannie"
Birth: 30 Sep 1795 in Paris, Bourbon Co., Kentucky
Death: 8 Aug 1870 in , Washington Co., Texas
! (1) "Kentucky Court and Other Records," by Mrs. Wm. Breckenridge Ardery (Lexington, KY: Keystone Printery, 1981) Vol. 1 p.19. Cites: (a) Bourbon Co., KY Will Bk G, p.78.
Change Date: 16 Apr 2011 at 01:00:00
(2) Coral Thacker. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Genealogy posted at http://worldconnet.rootsweb.com (2 Jan 2001).
(3) "A Century of Wayne County, Kentucky," by Augusta Phillips Johnson (1939) p.132. FHL book 976.964 H2j.
(4) Wayne Co., KY Deeds. (a) Bk M., p.431. FHL film 590,709.
(5) "Bateman and related branches," by Sondra Bateman (http://wc.rootsweb.com, 14 Jul 2002). Does not cite sources.
(6) Richard C. Metcalfe. E-mail email@example.com (2007). Cites: (a) Miss Laura Baylor Tuttle, DAR ID No. 90905. (b) Mrs. Anita Bolmes Stewart, DAR ID No. 110653. (c) Letter from Dr. Volney Metcalfe, 30 Sep 1850, Ingleside Plantation, to his nephew, John Walker Metcalfe. Robert Emmett Bledoe Baylor Collection, Star of the Republic Museum, Blinn College, Washington Co., TX. (d) Marriage index, Bourbon Co., KY.
(7) "Virginia Genealogical Society Quarterly Bulletin," Vol. II, No. 3 (Jul 1964) p.48. Cites: (a) "Baylor's Quarterly," Vol. 1, No. 2 (Apr 1930) p.24.
(8) Genealogical chart prepared by Catherine Jane "Kate" (Metcalfe) Lacy (ca. 1905-1931). In possession of Steve Spence (2010).
! Birth: (2,3,5) d/o Walker BAYLOR/Jane BLEDSOE. (7) d/o Capt. Walker BAYLOR. (5,6) 30 Sep 1795. (5) Paris, Bourbon Co., KY. (6) Lincoln Co., KY.
Marriage to John METCALFE: (3,8) (6d,7) 21 Sep 1815. (6d) Paris, Bourbon Co., KY.
Death: (2) 1874. (5) 1870. (6b) 1872. (6) 8 Aug 1870. (2) TX. (6) Washington Co., TX.
(1a) 1821, 23 Feb: Frances N. METCALF witnessed will of Walker BAYLOR, Bourbon Co., KY.
(1) 1823, Feb: Frances N. METCALF was executor for the estate of Walker BAYLOR, Bourbon Co., KY.
(6c) 1850, 30 Sep: Dr. Volney METCALFE, Ingleside Plantation, MS, wrote to his nephew John Walker METCALFE. John METCALFE and his sons James and Robert traveled overland to CA to participate in the Gold Rush. John METCALFE was still in CA with his son Robert Baylor METCALFE, and he has recently written a letter from Empire City, Stanislaus Co. His wife Frances is in Washington Co., TX, and was then residing with her brother Judge R.E.B. BAYLOR.
(4a) 1853, 24 Oct: W.R.E.B. BAYLOR, John METCALFE and Francis N. METCALFE wife of the said John METCALFE of Texas, a portion of the heirs and legal distributors of P.H. BAYLOR deceased late of Wayne Co., KY, appoint our trusty friends John ALLEN and Branton CARTER our attorneys to transact business concerning the estate of P.H. BAYLOR, now in the hands of James H. WEST.
Father: Walker Baylor b: 13 Oct 1762 in "Newmarket", Caroline Co., Virginia
Mother: Jane Bledsoe b: 10 Mar 1765 in , Spotsylvania Co., Virginia
John "Jack" Metcalfe b: 20 Aug 1791 in Paris, Bourbon Co., Kentucky
21 Sep 1815
in Paris, Bourbon Co., Kentucky
- Courtnay Walker Metcalfe b: 2 Dec 1816 in , Bourbon Co., Kentucky
- Elizabeth Amelia Metcalfe b: 1817 in ,, Kentucky
- Mary Sophia Metcalfe b: 1820 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- Sarah Jane Metcalfe b: ABT 1822 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- James Keith Metcalfe b: 23 Mar 1824 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- Robert Baylor Metcalfe b: 12 Jul 1825 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- Margaret Burrell Metcalfe b: Nov 1826 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- Henry Norton Metcalfe b: ABT 1828 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- Laura Johnson Metcalfe b: ABT 1830 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- John Walker Metcalfe b: ABT 1832/1834 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky
- Orrick Volney Metcalfe b: 2 Jun 1835 in , Wayne Co., Kentucky