Name: Ralph Le Sor
Death: AFT 1409
Residence: Tolverne, Cornwall
Change Date: 18 JAN 2009
Robert Bishop of Exeter, gave St Just Church to the Canons of Plympton Priory in 1140. But the patronage was bought back in 1190 by John le Sor, Lord of Tolverne for a yearly sum of 13s 4d, which would be paid out of the Benefice to the Priory.
In Philleigh the Norman families of Le Sor and Petit occupied their manors of Tolverne and Ardevora.
The Cornish Lands of the Arundells of Lanherne, Fourteenth to Sixteenth ...? - Page xviii
by H. S. A. Fox, Oliver James Padel, Devon and Cornwall Record Society - Land tenure - 2000 - 279 pages
The family of Soor or Le Sor had held Tolverne, in Philleigh, from as early as the eleventh century.18 The last of them, Ralph Soor, died between 1409 and ...
- Joan Le Soor