Name: Jane de Vauncye
Change Date: 3 MAR 2013
Dau and heiress of Sir E Vancy.
The arms of Sir William Waldegrave (d 1527) were:
1. Party per pale, argent and Gules. Waldegrave .
2. Barry of ten argent and azure. Mountchency .
3. Gules, an eagle displayed ermine. Vauncy .
4. Or, a fess, vairy of the first and gules. Creake , or Creek .
5. Argent, two bars and in chief three mullets, sable. Moigne .
6. Erm, a fess sable, between three bee-hives, or. Fraye.[A Fraye married a Waldegrave in 1456, qv.]
From the above it is evident that Jane, her daughter Jane, and her mother and maternal grandmother were all heraldic heiresses:
Seems that this descent to the Munchesnys, given by Richardson, may be a bit doubtful?
Father: Edmund de Vauncye b: 1316
Mother: Alys de Creke
Thomas de Mountchesney b: 1311
- Jane Mountchesney b: 1364
- Type: Book
Periodical: The Wyncolls of Suffolk and Essex
Author: Colonel C. E. Wyncoll
Detail: Inc pedigreee from Berry?s County Genelogies (Sussex, re Waldegrave)