Name: Walter FitzRichard De Clifford
Suffix: Baron Clifford
Burial: Godstow, Oxon
Residence: Clifford Castle, Clifford, Herefordshire
Change Date: 25 JUL 2007
Before the Conquest Frampton was held by Ernesi, and in 1086 Drew son of Pons held it of the king; Roger de Lacy also held 1 hide there unjustly. Frampton later passed to Drew's nephew, Walter son of Richard son of Pons; Walter, who assumed the surname Clifford, made the grant mentioned above of the mill at Frampton c. 1180, and his son Walter confirmed Frampton to his younger brother Richard de Clifford in 1200, to hold it of Walter.
Assumed the surname after taking possession of Clifford Castle on the river Wye.
Father: Richard FitzPons De Clifford b: 1088 in Lahnyndhry Castle, Wales
Mother: Maud de Pitres b: 1088
Margaret de Toeni
- Walter De Clifford b: 1160
- Richard de Clifford
- Lucia de Clifford
- Rosamunde ?Faire Rosamunde? Of Clifford b: ABT 1136
- Type: Book
Periodical: Victoria County History of Gloucestershire