Name: Etienne d' Oingt
Suffix: Sgr de Chatillon-Azergues
Death: ABT 1280
Occupation: sgr de St Forgeux
Change Date: 8 MAR 2010
These three were successive owners of the Chateau of Bagnols:
1217 - 1247 Etienne Guichard d'OINGT
1247 - 1288 Arthaud Guichard d'OINGT
1288 - 131 Guillaume d'ALBON
The château of Bagnols has enjoyed four distinct periods. The first was medieval, when a defensive fortress was built between 1217 and 1221 by Guichard d'Oingt, an ally of the Archbishop of Lyon. The original three round towers, linked by curtain walls with arrow loops, were surrounded by a deep moat whose dug out earth was used for an embankment from which to survey the whole valley. The Basse Cour, or lower courtyard, was where villagers could take refuge in time of need.
Died between 1272 and 1284.
Father: Guichard d' Oingt
Artaude de Roussillon
- Eléonore d' Oingt