Name: Giles de Wachesham
Change Date: 5 SEP 2008
A manor in Coln, Huntingdonshire, later known as LA LEGHE or LYE was held by the Argenteins of the Bishop of Ely.
In 1279 Sir Giles de Argentein held a carucate of land in Colne of the bishop by knight service. (fn. 26) A mesne lordship seems to have been continued by the Argenteins of Pidley (q.v.), but the manor was held in fee of the Argenteins by the Wacheshams of Wattisham and Stanstead in Suffolk, by a rent of 4s. a year.
In 1232 Giles de Wachesham (Wathisham) and Margery his wife conveyed a carucate of land in Colne to Ralf de Berford and Isabel his wife as dower of Isabel, (fn. 27) and in 1235 Giles de Wachesham did homage for the lands of his mother Isabel. (fn. 28) He died in 1268, and was succeeded by his son Giles.
- Giles de Wachesham