Name: Henry James Campbell
Birth: 23 OCT 1828 in Lunenburg, MA 1 2
Death: 25 JUN 1888 in Providence, MA 3
Change Date: 22 JUL 2008
He had one big houseful of people at 135 Pavilion Ave. Check all the family members who died in Providence: they are listed at his address!!!
1850 Census, 26th day of July by Edwin M. Stone. has Daniel P, 20, machinist; Henry J., 22, Roller Coverer; laura, 52; and Mary J. 23 @ Providence, Ward 5, RI - all listed as born in Massachusetts
The brothers are living with mom and sister.
1870 Census: Providence, Ward 9, RI; Charles A., 8, attended school within the last year, b.RI; Walter C. 5, b. RI; Leonard H., 3, ,b. RI; Chester J. , 1, b. RI; Laura, 73, at home, b. Massacusetts; Mary J., 43, keeping Home - has value of home $1000 b. Massachusetts; Daniel P., 38, machinist, b, Massachusetts, male citizen of US greater than 21 years of age.
Interesting because Charles, Walter, Leonard and Chester are Henry James children but living with Daniel P.. Why this? His mother-in-law is living with Daniel, also. Or is there another record for 1870? Where are Henry Francis (would have been 12), and Ernest Wallace (would have been 10).
(1880 Census) Vol 4 E.D> 48, Sheet 30m l 26,;Name of Street pavilion ave; House # 135, dwelling houses in order of visitation 229, families numbered in order of visitation 345
Name of each person Henry, 51; Sarah F, 46 (Wife), b. PA, mother - Hamburg, Germany; father, PA; , Keeping Home), Ernest, 20, (all children father b. Mass and mother b. PA) son, driver and dis. ???; Charles, 17, Clerk in Machine shop; Walter 15, at school, Leonard, 13, at school, Chester 11, at school, Laura 6, Emily, 3. And Eliza Sahstleen, w.f. 74, mother-in-law, widowed, b. PA; m, b. PA, and father b. PA.
Color W Sex M age 51 if born within census year XX Relationship Self single N married Y widowed/ divorced N Married during Year N profession Top Roll Coverer # of months unemployed 7 blind N deaf and dumb N idiot N ????? N maimed N attended school N cannot read N cannot write N place of birth Massachusetts place of birth of father Massachusetts
place of birth of mother Massachusett
Father: Phineas Campbell b: ABT 1793 in Unknown
Mother: Laura Brown b: 13 APR 1797 in Sterling, MA
Sarah E. Sahlsteen b: 1 OCT 1833 in Philadelphia, PA
10 APR 1854
in Providence, RI 4
- Note: 5
Broad Street Christian Church by Rev. Albert J. Morton
- Alvah Vose Campbell b: 31 DEC 1855
- Henry Francis Campbell b: 3 JAN 1858 in Providence, RI
- Ernest Wallace Campbell b: 11 APR 1860 in Providence, RI
- Charles Arthur Campbell b: 12 JUN 1862 in Providence, RI
- Walter Conrad Campbell b: 10 AUG 1864
- Leonard Herbert Campbell b: 10 MAY 1867 in Providence, RI
- Chester Irving (C.i.) Campbell b: 16 MAY 1869 in Providence, RI
- Laura Elizabeth Campbell b: 21 MAR 1874 in Providence, RI
- Emily Estelle Campbell b: 6 OCT 1876 in Providence, RI
- Text: Cunningham's Genealogy Record of Lunenburg; Birth 1A 72
- Type: Family Bible
Title: Campbell Family Bible
Date: 15 JUN 2008
- Text: Death recorded Vol 17, p 83, Providence Death Records
and 1888: pg 708: Providence:
- Text: Marriage Records
Page: State of Rhode Island: 1854, pg 566
- Text: Leonard B Campbell, compiler; 26 sep 1961; Laura Campbell Little, Leonard H Campbell, Florence Little