Name: Susanna Potter
Given Name: Susanna
Change Date: 25 SEP 2015
She was named in the 1630 will of her father Robert Potter.
Birth: BEF 18 APR 1619 in Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, England
Death: BEF 1675
Note: (not named in husband's will)
LAND & COURT RECORDS
Portsmouth Land Evidence Book No. 1, page 137-138: will of John Anthony (abstract in RIGR 2:164) [need this]
HISTORY & BIOGRAPHY
Colonial Families of the United States:
John Anthony Jr. lived in Hempstead, England. On Apr 16 1934, he sailed for America in the Ship Hercules. He was an innkeeper in England. He settled in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, and became a freeholder. He was made freeman Mar 16 1641. In 1644 he was a Corporal. On May 25 1655, he was appointed by the Court of Commissioners to keep a house of entertainment. He was a Commissioner in 1661. In 1666 he was Deputy, holding the office for six years. He died Jul 28 1675. His will, dated Jul 23 1675, was proved August 21, 1675. His son John was executor. His children were born in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
Father: Robert Potter b: ABT 1566?68 in Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, England
Mother: Elizabeth Marshall
John Anthony b: 1607 in England
28 MAR 1634
in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England
- Note: Note: This may not be the marriage for the John Anthony & wife Susanna who later lived in Rhode Island. More research into the records of Hemel Hampstead is necessary.
- John Anthony b: ABT 1642
- Susanna Anthony b: ABT 1644 in Portsmouth, Newport Co., Rhode Island, USA
- Elizabeth Anthony b: ABT 1646
- Joseph Anthony b: ABT 1648
- Abraham Anthony b: ABT 1650