Name: Sarah FRISBIE 1 2 3
Christening: 1756 Branford, CT
Death: 24 FEB 1840 in Cass co., MI
Note: In 1827 she signed a document transferring all of her assets to her son, Amos Frisbie Northrop, in exchange for him agreeing to support her the rest of her life. In 1838 she moved with him from Middleton, VT to Cass county, MI.
Change Date: 19 JUL 1999|
Father: Amos FRISBIE b: 17 FEB 1729 in Branford, CT
Mother: Mary LUDDINGTON
Asahel DUTTON b: 2 FEB 1753 in Wallingford, New Haven, Cn c: 4 FEB 1756
3 NOV 1772
in Woodbury, CT
- Asahel E. DUTTON b: ABT 1774 in CT
- Elias DUTTON b: ABT 1775
Samuel NORTHROP b: 18 OCT 1755 in Milford, CT
3 JUN 1779
in Washington, CT
- Amos Frisbie NORTHROP b: 4 JAN 1799 in Middleton, Rutland, VT
- Text: The evidence that Asahel Dutton and Sarah Frisbie were the parents of Asahel E. Dutton is circumstantial, but highly pursuasive:
1.Asahel and Sarah's birth dates and marriage date are appropriate for them being the parents of the younger Asahel.
2. The fact that both men had the same name is an obvious clue.
3. The younger Asahel named one of his sons James Frisbie Dutton. James Frisbie was the name of one of Sarah's brothers.
4. James Frisbie shared a claim to land in Bradford county, Pennsylvania with Solomon Moss, who was the father-in-law of the younger Asahel Dutton.
5. The families of both the suspected parents and Asahel E. Dutton all moved to Poultney, VT. Sarah Frisbie and 4 of her brothers moved to the Poultney area when the younger Asahel was a young child. Further, the sister of the elder Asahel, Lois Dutton, moved to Poultney. The first docuement event involving the younger Asahel was his moving from Poultney in 1800.
- Text: Edward Frisbie of Branford and His Descendants, by Nora G. Frisbie. Published 1984 by Gateway Press, Inc.
- Text: Families of Ancient New Haven, compiled by Donald Lines Jacobus, published by Clarence D. Smith, Rome, NY, 1923