Name: Euphemia MAIN
Given Name: Euphemia
Birth: 1818/1820 in Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Death: 23 Mar 1897 in 31 Garngad Avenue, Dennistoun, Glasgow, Larnark, Scotland of senility and cardiac failure
In 1841 Euphemia Main (20 not Midlothian) was a field servant at Laurieston, St. Cuthberts, E dinburgh for Thomas Cunningham and family. In 1891 Euphemia lived at 31 Rebent Place, Canonga te, Edinburgh with her daugher Mary Grieve and grandson John Grieve.
Change Date: 18 Feb 2016 at 09:23:05
Witness to Euphemia's death certificate was her daughter Mary Grieve who incorrectly reporte d her parents as William Main and Helen Gray; her father was actually George as she named on e of her sons.
Father: George MAIN b: 1769 in Innerwick, East Lothian, Scotland c: 4 Aug 1769 in Innerwick, East Lothian, Scotland
Mother: Helen (Eleanor) GRAY b: 1776/1777 in Scotland, not East Lothian
John ROBBIE b: 11 Apr 1815 in St. Cyrus, Kincardine, Scotland c: 25 Apr 1815 in St. Cyrus, Kincardine, Scotland
20 Oct 1842
in Lamberton Toll, Mordington, Berwick, Scotland
Both were listed from Dunbar. Witnesses were William White and Shusanna White.
Note: Lamberton Toll was a border town with England where "runaway" marriages were performed . It is probable that one or both sets of parents did not approve of the marriage.
- Helen Lyon ROBBIE b: Oct/Dec 1844 in Morpeth (Alnwick), Northumberland, England
- James ROBBIE b: Oct/Dec 1846 in Alnwick, Northumberland, England
- John ROBBIE b: 18 Nov 1848 in Alnwick, Northumberland, England
- George Main ROBBIE b: 31 Mar 1852 in England
- Kenneth ROBBIE b: 8 Mar 1855 in Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland
- Mary ROBBIE b: 30 Apr 1857 in Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland