Name: Godhart SCHMICK
Given Name: Godhart
_AKA: Gotfried, John Godhart
Birth: 12 Jun 1770 in Berks Co., PA
Death: 8 Feb 1862 in KY
Burial: Nield Family Graveyard, Mercer Co., KY
The link to parents is confirmed in the Probate records for John Casper Schmick, which has th e following, "Godhard Schmick, a brother of said deceased, supposed to live near Louisville , Ky."
Change Date: 18 Feb 2016 at 09:23:07
Godhart is on the Lincoln Co., KY Tax List as the owner of 200, 50, and 84 acres from 1792 t o 1811, under the names Gotlip/Gotlep/Gotlil, Cutliff Smack, Smeck, Shmick, and Schmick, th e last on Hanging Fork.
Godhart was a hatter. In 1820 Godheart Smick lived in Mercer Co., KY (page 108). In 1840 he l ived in Mercer Co., KY (page 172). In 1850 Godhart Smack farmed in District 1, Boyle Co., K Y (page 339) with his wife Mary and children Phoebe and Isaac; the value of his property wa s $2,700.00.
Father: Johann Caspar SCHMICK b: 1720 in Germany
Mother: Magdalena JAGER b: 14 Oct 1740
Mary FRENCH b: 1 Dec 1776 in VA
7 Jan 1800
in Mercer Co., KY
- Note: John Stodghill as surety, consent by Susanna French for bride, and witnessed by George French .
- Sabrina SMICK b: 1 Dec 1800 in KY
- Elizabeth SMICK b: 12 Aug 1804 in KY
- Henry C. SMICK b: 26 Sep 1806 in KY
- Lewis SMICK b: 2 Apr 1809 in KY
- James C. SMICK b: 6 Feb 1811 in KY
- Phoebe SMICK b: 24 Oct 1812 in KY
- George SMICK b: 28 Apr 1814 in KY
- Jackson SMICK b: 10 Apr 1816 in KY
- Mary SMICK b: 10 Mar 1818 in KY
- Delila SMICK b: 23 Mar 1820 in KY
- Isaac SMICK b: 9 Feb 1822 in KY