Name: Ezekiel COX
Given Name: Ezekiel
Birth: 1722/1728 in Washington Co., MD
Death: 1776/1777 in Washington Co., MD
Ezekiel inherited his father's plantation in Clear Springs District, Washington Co., MD, wher e he lived until his death.
Change Date: 18 Feb 2016 at 09:23:07
Ezekiel acquired 15 acres named "Good & Bad" in Frederick Co., MD on 24 Oct 1766.
In the Revolutionary War Ezekiel was a 2nd Lt., PS, MD. [DAR Patriot Index, Vol. II, 1979, pa ge 45.]
"A Company in Frederick County, enrolled for the Flying Camp, under Capt. Andrew Hynes, 1st L t. Issac McCrackin, 2nd Lt. Ezekiel Cox, Ensign John Jacobs, commissioned Oct. 12th and order ed to Philadelphia Oct. 15th, 1776, by the Council of Safety." On 17 Dec 1776, Philadelphia , Ezekiel Cox and Capt. Andrew Hynes wrote a letter reccommending Richard Donavan be commissi oned as an Ensign.
Ezekiel's will was dated 16 Oct 1776 and probated 14 Oct 1777, Washington Co., MD (Will Boo k A, page 9). He names sons Abraham, the oldest, Isaac and Jacob, apprently all over age 21 ; Jonathan, David, Daniel and Joseph, not yet 21. Executors were his brother-in-law Jonatha n Rose and son Abraham.
Father: David COX b: ABT 1695 in Of Philadelphia, PA
Mother: Susannah DAVIS b: ABT 1700
Sarah ROSE b: 15 Jun 1734
- Abraham COX b: 1 Jan 1752 in Washington Co., MD
- Jacob COX b: 1752/1755 in Washington Co., MD
- Isaac COX b: ABT 1755 in Washington Co., MD
- Hannah COX b: ABT 1757 in Washington Co., MD
- Jonathan COX b: ABT 1759 in Washington Co., MD
- Daniel COX b: ABT 1761 in Washington Co., MD
- Letitia COX b: ABT 1763 in Washington Co., MD
- Joseph COX b: ABT 1765 in Washington Co., MD
- David COX b: ABT 1767 in Washington Co., MD
- Susannah COX b: ABT 1769 in Washington Co., MD