Name: Ephraim HOWARD
Given Name: Ephraim
Birth: 1666/1667 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co., MA
Death: 11 Aug 1750 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
Burial: Old Graveyard, West Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
Ancestral File #: 8WK3-J2
Ephraim inherited from his father the land on which his house stood, near where the Howard Se minary now stands. He was representative to the General Court in 1723.
Change Date: 18 Feb 2016 at 09:23:05
Mary Keith "was courted by Ephraim Howard, not much to the acceptance of the old minister [Re v. James Keith, who, in 1688, was all of 45]. Notwithstanding his objection they were secret ly married, and were pursued by the irate father. Arriving too late to prevent their marriag e, he returned, and, complying with the prevailing custom, preached the following Sabbath fro m Hosea 4:17-"Ephraim is joined to idols let him alone." Time, however, softened his spirit , and the reconciliation which followed inclined him to preach from Jeremiah 31:20-"Is Ephrai m my dear son? Is he a pleasant child? For since I spake against him I do earnestly remembe r him still".
Keith, Ziba, "Genealogy of the Keith family," Brockton, MA: Goodall, 1889. p. 13-14
Name sometimes reported as Elisha.
Father: John HOWARD b: ABT 1627 in England
Mother: Martha HAYWARD b: ABT 1631 in England
Mary Edson KEITH b: 3 Apr 1673 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
24 Oct 1688
in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co, Massachusetts
- Jane HOWARD b: 17 Sep 1689 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- Susanna HOWARD b: 8 Mar 1692 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- Martha HOWARD b: 7 Aug 1695 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- Ephraim HOWARD Jr. b: 25 Mar 1697 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- Daniel HOWARD b: 3 Oct 1699 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- David HOWARD b: 3 Mar 1703 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- Silence HOWARD b: 3 Jun 1705 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA
- Mary HOWARD b: 21 Dec 1707 in Bridgewater, Plymouth Co., MA