Name: Henrietta COLE
Given Name: Henrietta
Change Date: 23 MAR 2011
Birth: 2 JUL 1754 in , St. Mary's, MD
Death: 6 DEC 1836 in , Marion, KY
Burial: Calvary, Marion, KY, Holy Cross Cem
2008 jan 3 firstname.lastname@example.org vol 3 issue 10
see rootsweb.com message boards for localities: St Mary's Co MD;
From: "Kathleen" <email@example.com>
To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; <email@example.com>;
<firstname.lastname@example.org>; <email@example.com>; <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Subject: (COLE) HAYDEN/EWING
Date: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:14 AM
I found a statement having to do with Basil Hayden you may be interested in.
Maybe this could be a lead to other records to search in Maryland to find the
Henrietta's divorce is also mentioned on this page
An act concerning the marriage of HENRIETTA EWING. approved
Feb. 3, 1808 This act authorised her to sue CHARLES EWING, for a
divorce, in the Nelson court, and to obtain it on a jury's finding that
he had seperated from her and intermarried with MARY FLINT, and
continued to live in adultery with said Mary.
It lists Charles married Mary FLINT, but the marriage 3 Feb 1807 in Nelson
County lists her as Margaret FLINT
An explanation of these Laws
which do not appear in the Caldwell County, KY court records.
What might any of you know about William EWING listed here
Does anyone have handed down in their family anything about what happened to
Charles EWING after the divorce? My research is leading me to believe the woman
he married and lived with in adultery was the wife of John FLINT who lived in
Caldwell County, KY (the one who died in 1819, not the one that died in 1817).
The one who died in 1819 was born in Ireland around 1762/1763. The one who
died in 1817 had a child in Maryland (probably Washington County), but may have
been born in Virginia.
Since John FLINT was taxed in 1792 in Nelson County, then Barren, then
Livingston County starting in 1806-I'm thinking she went back home to visit
family and didn't return to her husband. OR, perhaps she didn't even go to
Livingston County with him.
There is a marriage in Livingston County, KY for a John FLINT
John Flint to Nancy Anderson 4 Apr 1808
Since the divorce for Charles EWING & HENRIETTA EWING. was approved
Feb. 3, 1808 in Nelson County, it would not have been recorded in Caldwell
County until after that date. Although it's not recorded in Littell's Laws-I
think this divorce being recorded also in Calwell County could have opened the
door for John to marry again- either due to his wife deserting him or because
I'm hoping that somewhere in your family instead of being a skeleton in the
closet that isn't spoken of, someone from the HAYDEN line may have passed down
what happened-EWING died, moved, some kind of lead I might be able to follow.
Father: Robert Jr. COLE b: BEF 1719 in StClements area, St. Mary's, MD
Mother: Ann Anne GREENWELL b: ABT 1730 in or abt 1725, St. Mary's, MD
Basil HAYDEN b: 2 JAN 1744 in St.Andrews Par?, St. Mary's, MD
in , St. Mary's, MD
- Stanislaus Stanishlaws (TWIN) HAYDEN b: 7 FEB 1772 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- Basil (TWIN) HAYDEN b: 7 FEB 1772 in St.Andrews Par?, St. Mary's, MD
- Robert Basil HAYDEN b: 20 FEB 1773 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- Ann HAYDEN b: 13 NOV 1776 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- John Baptist HAYDEN b: 6 APR 1779 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- Joseph HAYDEN b: SEP 1781 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- Eleanor HAYDEN b: MAR 1782 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- Milly HAYDEN b: 16 DEC 1785 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- John HAYDEN b: 16 FEB 1784 in , StMary's prob, MD prob
- William Leo "Not Blood" HAYDEN b: ABT 1785 in probably, StMarys, MD, (adopted)
- Theresa HAYDEN b: 30 MAY 1788 in , Nelson prob, KY prob
- Louis Hillery HAYDEN b: 21 JUL 1792 in , Nelson/Washingtn, KY prob
- Edward George HAYDEN b: 7 NOV 1795 in , Washington prob, KY prob
- Lewis HAYDEN b: 20 AUG 1796 in , Washington prob, KY prob
- Alexander HAYDEN b: 5 MAR 1798 in , Washington prob, KY prob
Charles EWING b: ABT 1744 in , , , KY maybe
4 FEB 1805
in , Nelson
- Abbrev: GEDCOM file imported on 25 January 2015
Title: GEDCOM file submitted by Warren Forsythe - (recovered from myself after computer died), http://wc.rootsweb.com/~ildaunewtest. Imported on 25 January 2015.omputer died), http://wc.rootsweb.com/~ildaunewtest. Imported on 25 January 2015.ed).
Name: Footnoteomputer died), http://wc.rootsweb.com/~ildaunewtest. Imported on 25 January 2015.
Name: ShortFootnoteomputer died), http://wc.rootsweb.com/~ildaunewtest. Imported on 25 January 2015.