Name: Barbara CAMPBELL
Given Name: Barbara
Birth: 10 Mar 1871 in Hanover, Bentinck Township, Grey County, Ontario, Canada
Death: 9 Jun 1961 in Evansville, Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
Burial: 1961 Gordon Cemetery, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
Change Date: 1 Sep 2013 at 00:35
Dorothy Hopkins Addison Scrapbook (green ledger), transcribed by Marilyn Irish
Mrs. Charles Burns
Mrs. Charles Burns passed away at her home in Evansville, Friday, June 9th, 1961.
She was born in Hanover, Ontario and moved to Evansville, Manitoulin Island, when a small child with her parents, the late Mr. and Mrs. Colin Campbell.
In 1898 she was married to the late Charles Burns, and moved to Meldrum Bay, where they bought a farm and lived for about seventeen years.
They then decided Evansville would be a nice place to raise their six children and it was there they spent a very happy time, till the death of her husband in 1930. Mrs. Burns remained on the farm with her son Robert until his death the following year. Then she went to Winnipeg, where she daughter, Mrs. A.C. McQuaid was then living, liking Winnipeg very much she remained there for ten years.
By this time she decided she wanted to spend the remainder of her life in Evansville. So she returned and bought a house and was at home to her relatives and friends. Being an excellent cook and homemaker, loving company as she did, she was always right at home, with old and young folks.
Left to mourn her loss are four daughters: Mrs. Bert Middaugh (Mildred) Evansville; Mrs. Jay Kennedy (Clementine) Levack; Mrs. David Buchan (Myrtle) Sault Ste. Marie; and Mrs. George Best (Lillian) Gore Bay. Robert predeceased her in 1931, Mrs. A.C. McQuaid (Mae) in 1953.
There are also eight grandchildren and sixteen great grandchildren.
Rev. Keays conducted the funeral service from the United Church, Evansville of which she was a member.
Gordon Cemetery, Gordon and Allan, Manitoulin Island, #303
BURNS / fs BARBARA / BURNS / 1871-1961 fs CHARLES L. / BURNS / 1874-1930 fs ROBERT / BURNS / 1912-1931 fs MAE BURNS / McQUAID / 1901-1953
Father: Colin CAMPBELL b: 31 Oct 1833 in Caithness, Scotland c: 19 Nov 1833 in Leurary, Halkirk Parish, Caithness, Scotland
Mother: Sarah BAILEY b: 31 Oct 1832 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Charles Lester BURNS b: 17 Apr 1874 in Grey County, Ontario, Canada
- Change Date:
1 Jul 2009
- Mildred Beatrice BURNS b: 27 Mar 1899 in Evansville, Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Frances BURNS b: 12 Oct 1901 in Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Clementine Melvina BURNS b: 22 Oct 1901 in Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Sarah Mae BURNS b: 12 Oct 1901 in Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Myrtle Jane BURNS b: 22 Apr 1903 in Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Lillian Barbara BURNS b: 31 Mar 1910 in Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Robert Lester BURNS b: 1912 in Burpee Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada