Name: Sarah BRESSEAU
Given Name: Sarah
Birth: 11 Jun 1846 in Ontario, Canada
Death: 23 Apr 1923 in Wadena, Saskatchewan, Canada
Burial: 1923 Hillcrest Cemetery, Wadena, Saskatchewan
Change Date: 22 Jun 2014 at 23:11
1916 Saskatchewan Census, District No. 18 Humboldt, S. District No. 24, page 18, Township 38, Range 11, Meridian W2, Kelvington, Household #251
BURNETT Sarah Head female Head married 70 Ontario Methodist
BURNETT James W. Son male single 47 Ontario Methodist
8 years 10 months 12 days old at the time of her death. Mrs. Burnett was well known on Mnaitoulin Island, especially around Little Current and Sheguiandah, in which district she and her hsuband formerly resided. In the spring of 1910 they moved to the West, feeling that a change would be advisable, and homesteaded in Kelvington District, 35 miles north of Wadena. In 1912 Mr. and Mrs. Burnett came to the Island to visit their daughters, Mrs. R. Wyman and Mrs. D Wyman and to renew acquaintance with many friends. Mr. Burnett died in July 1913. After his death Mrs Burnett lived on the homestead until she was burnt out 3 years later. She then purchased a splendid house and lot in Wadena Sask. where she lived until her death. The last few months of her life were spent in visiting those of her children who are in the West.
The funeral service at the house was conducted by Rev McNaughton, who preached a very appropriate sermon to a large gathering of friends and relatives. The remains were afterwards taken a distance of 35 miles to her daughter's and were laid to rest in Hillcrest Cemetry beside her hsuband, Rev. Mr. Edwards officiating.
Mrs burnett was well known, well liked and will be missed by a large circle of friends, and her family have the sympathy of all int he loss of a good mother and a devoted grandmother.
The members of the family are as follows, John Burnett, of Elfrost Sask. Wesley, Mose and James of Cluffield, Sask., Mrs. Doan, and Mrs. Geo Lowery, Cluffield Sask., Mrs. R.F. Wyman, Thessalon Ont., and Mrs. D. Wyman, Mindemoya.
Mrs. J.D. Burnett, formerly of Little Current, passed away in Wadena, Sask. on April 23rd, 1923 after a brief illness. She was not suffering from any particular disease, it just seemed that the Lord took her as her time had come. The deceased lady was
The Recorder, Gore Bay, Thursday, May 1, 1924
Burnett-In loving memory of dear mother, Sarah Burnett, who passed away to be with Jesus on April 23rd, 1923.
No one heard the footsteps,
Of the angel drawing near,
Who took from us to Heaven
The one we loved so dear.
Mrs. Dave Wyman, Mindemoya
John Douglas BURNETT b: 25 Dec 1843 in Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada
- Change Date:
1 Jul 2009
- Alice Eva BURNETT b: 1863 in Ontario, Canada
- Levina Bell BURNETT b: 1865 in Ontario, Canada
- John William BURNETT b: 8 Aug 1868 in Walsingham Township, Haldimand County, Ontario
- Rosa Lovina BURNETT b: 1870 in Ontario, Canada
- Matilda Elizabeth BURNETT b: 5 Jun 1874 in Little Current, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Mary Alma BURNETT b: 30 Apr 1875 in Howland Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Martha Selina BURNETT b: 17 Aug 1877 in Howland Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Joseph Henry Wesley BURNETT b: 13 Apr 1880 in Little Current, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Sarah Marie Ellen BURNETT b: 18 Apr 1882 in Howland Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Beatrice Alma BURNETT b: 17 Apr 1884 in Little Current, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Percy Moses BURNETT b: 20 Nov 1885 in Howland Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
- Wellington James BURNETT b: 7 Apr 1888 in Howland Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada