Name: William Howard KEITH
Birth: 8 AUG 1872 in Geneva County, Alabama
Death: 30 MAY 1946 in Route 2, Samson, Geneva County, Alabama
Occupation: 1900 Farmer
Occupation: 1910 Farmer
Occupation: 1920 Farmer
Census: 21 JUN 1900 Geneva County, AL Federal Census; Precinct No. 121, Page 164a
Census: 1910 Marl, Geneva County, AL Federal Census; Precinct 12, Household 40; Sheet 2b
Census: 1920 Geneva Co AL Fed Census, 12th Beat Precinct, ED 111, Series T625-16, Shts 9B & 10A, Pgs 185 & 186
Address (Facts Pg) 1946 Samson, Route 2, Geneva County, AL (40 years)
Death Certificate 1946 State No. 6822, Volume 14
Burial: 1 JUN 1946 New Prospect Church Cemetery, Marl, Ala. Hwy 19 (off Hwy 52), Geneva County, AL
Medical (Facts Pg) Paralysis resulting in cerebral hemorage
Age at Death (Facts Pg) Abt 73 years
Social Security Number: None
Military Service: None
Informant Mattie Keith (2nd wife)
Tombstone Inscription "Gone But Not Forgotten"
Note William Howard KEITH and 1st wife Celia R. WISE are my paternal biological great-grandparents.
Parents Information 1920 Father b: AL; Mother b: AL
Residence: 1920 Leddan Road, Noblin, Geneva Co, Alabama
Reference Number: IND2385
Geneva County Reaper of 9 May 1946
Card of Thanks (no obituary found)
"We take this method of expressing our sincere appreciation to our frien ds and neighbors for the many acts of kindness shown us during the illne ss and at the death of our dearly beloved husband and father, W. H. Keit h. Also the beautiful floral offerings. May the Lord richly bless each o ne of you.
Mrs. W. H. Keith, Sampson, Route 2.
Chambers Calhoun and Family, Tampa, Fla.
David Keith and Family, Mobile, Alabama
Fred Keith and Family, Mobile, Alabama
Bill Keith and Family, Mobile, Alabama
Dick Keith and Family, Plymouth, N.C.
Luther Keith and Family, Sampson, Route 2
Leamon Keith and Family, Umatilla, Fla.
George Keith, Sampson, Route 2."
Father: James Madison "C. S. A." KEITH b: 1844 in Jackson County, Florida
Mother: Adna Lea "Adner" COLEMAN b: 25 OCT 1844 in Barbour County, Alabama
Celia Rebecca WISE b: MAR 1874 in Elba, Coffee County, Alabama
in probably Coffee or Geneva County, Alabama
- David Madison "Dave" KEITH b: 29 JAN 1899 in Samson, Geneva County, Alabama
Mattie Iola CALHOUN b: 9 FEB 1881 in Coffee County, Alabama
17 DEC 1903
in Geneva County, Alabama
- Marriage License:
in Book 4, Page 198
in J. F.? Register, Minister of Gospel
- Note: I have a photocopy of this marriage license.
- 5 Infant Daughters KEITH b: BET 1904 AND 1910 in Geneva County, Alabama
- Howard Allen KEITH b: 2 AUG 1907 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama
- Fredrick Lee "Fed" KEITH b: 1 AUG 1910 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama
- William Henry "Bill" KEITH b: 24 OCT 1913 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama
- Chalmers Lathay "Dick" KEITH b: 11 MAY 1916 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama
- Leamon Roy "Snooks" KEITH b: 15 DEC 1920 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama
- George Rufus "Chip" KEITH b: 21 DEC 1923 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama
- James Luther "Coot" KEITH b: 3 NOV 1932 in Marl, Geneva County, Alabama