Name: Anne BERKELEY 1 2 3
Change Date: 29 MAR 2015
Birth: ABT 1600
Note: She died aged 24, in 1624.
Note: Anne 'died in 1624, aged only twenty-four, and was buried in Bishop John King's tomb in St Paul's on 24 January. Her husband's moving Exequy on her death is the poem by which he is chiefly remembered.'
Father: Robert BERKELEY of Boycourt, Kent
Mother: Elizabeth LOUGHER
Henry KING Bishop of Chichester b: JAN 1592
- Note: From DNB: 'King left Oxford on 10 July 1616, probably because he married Anne Berkeley (c.1600–1624), eldest daughter and heir of Sir Robert Berkeley of Boycourt in Kent, who had died in 1614. She then lived in Oxford with her great-aunt Lloyd, widow of the second principal of Jesus College (her family evidently fought for a better marriage).' 1 2 3
- Note: 'In 1619 the Kings leased part of Vicaridge House at the west end of St Paul's in London. Of their seven children two, John and Henry, survived infancy.' 2
- Anne KING
- John KING of Boycourt, Kent; barrister-at-law, Inner Temple b: BEF 1624
- Henry KING Gentleman of the Ordinary in the Privy Chamber of Charles II b: BEF 1624
- Title: The Lives of the Berkeleys Lords of the Honour, Castle and Manor of Berkeley In the County of Gloucester from 1066 to 1618
Abbrev: Lives of the Berkeleys
Author: Compiler: John Smyth, of Nibley
Page: “Lives of the Berkeleys,” John Smyth, pub 1883 by Bristol etc Arch Soc.
- Title: Dictionary of National Biography
Publication: Oxford University Press
Page: Henry King article
- Title: Visitation
Page: Visitation of Sussex 1662
Harleian edition, Vol.LXXXIX 1937
Edited by A.W. Hughes Clark, F.S.A.
Henry King, pp.67-69