Name: Abner FRADY
Given Name: Abner
Birth: ABT 1838 in Arkaquah, Union, GA, USA
Death: 2 Apr 1865 in Arkaquah, Union, GA, USA
1 2 3
Change Date: 17 Nov 2013 at 22:00:31
Abner joined K Company, 23rd Regiment of the Georgia Volunteers in August 1861 and would participate in the Battle of Sharpsburg (Antietam) before becoming ill with chronic diarrhea in the winter of 1863/64. (This illness caused more war deaths than anything else in the entire war.) He was sent to a hospital in Richmond, VA, where he remained until April 1864 when he was furloughed to go home to recuperate. Abner Frady died 2 April 1865 at home in Union County, GA.
On 20 April 1891, his wife Avaline applied for a Confederate Widow's pension. James B. Nix, Adolphus Higdon and Moses Queen gave affidavits about Abner's service. She received a pension for the remainder of her life. Avaline stated in application # 2295 that she had continually been a resident of Georgia since January 1854.
Father: James FRADY b: 1810 in , , TN, USA
Mother: Nancy MARSHALL b: 1808 in , , TN, USA
Avaline HARKINS b: 12 Jan 1841/1842 in , Buncombe, NC, USA
in , Union, GA, USA
- Louisa FRADY b: 1862 in Arkaquah, Union, GA, USA
- Nancy Jane FRADY b: 1863 in Choestoe, Union, GA, USA
- Abigail FRADY b: 10 Jul 1865 in , Union, GA, USA
- Title: US Census: 1850, GA, Union Co.
- Title: Family records of Mr. Jerrell Duckworth, TN
- Title: IGI - International Genealogical Index