Name: John Jennings
Birth: 24 MAR 1705/06
From: A Genealogical History of the Jennings Families in England and
America First to third generation.
John Jennings made his will May 12, 1791. He died in 1799, aged
ninety-three years. Will presented and proved May 20, 1799.
The tradition of his family descendants is that he had removed to
Fairfield in his old age, and when Fairfield was burned, July 7 and 8,
1779, by the British troops under Governor Tryon, his house was the first
house burned. It is now claimed by the "Historian of Fairfield," that the
first house burned was Isaac Jennings', as John was the son of Isaac
Jennings and his father Isaac had been dead many years, he might have
been living in the house, as his brother Isaac Jennings was also dead, as
shown by his will filed in 1760.
Father: Isaac Jennings b: 1673
Mother: Ukn Beers
- Thaddeus Jennings b: 31 AUG 1732
- Aaron Jennings b: 8 SEP 1734
- Susan Jennings b: 28 MAR 1741
- Mary Jennings b: 5 DEC 1743
- David Jennings b: 27 JUN 1746
- Josiah Jennings b: 15 SEP 1748
- Sarah Jennings b: 14 APR 1751
- Joel Jennings b: 13 JUL 1753