Name: Katherine Woodville 1 2
Birth: ABT 1458 in Grafton Regis, Northants, England
Reference Number: 18616
Death: 18 MAY 1497 3
Death: 22 JUL 1525|
Mother: Jacquette de LUXEMBOURG b: 1416 in Luxembourg
Henry Stafford KG Duke b: 04 SEP 1455 in Abergaveny, Monmouthshire, Wales
- Edward Stafford 3rd Duke of Buckingham b: 03 FEB 1478 in Bredknock Castle, Brecknockshire, Wales
- Earl of Wiltshire Henry Stafford b: ABT 1479 in Brecknock, Breconshire, Wales
- Elizabeth Stafford b: 1479 in Bredknock Castle, Brecknockshire, Wales
- Ann Stafford b: ABT 1482 in Brecknock, Breconshire, Wales
- Humphrey Stafford b: ABT 1483 in Brecknock, Breconshire, Wales
- Title: Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists by David Faris, NEGHS 2nd edition, 1999
Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists by David Faris, NEGHS 2nd edition, 1999.
- Title: Brad Verity - Medieval list soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com
Brad Verity - Medieval list soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com.
When it comes to a good source for the birthdates of Elizabeth
Woodville's siblings, we are in luck only with Katherine Woodville,
Duchess of Buckingham. On 4 August 7 Henry VII (1492), an inquisition
post mortem was undertaken in Kent following the death of Richard, 3rd
Earl Rivers. By that point, all of the sisters of the late Earl were
dead save Katherine, whom the jury returned as "age 34 and more",
which would put her birth about the year 1458. This matches well with
her husband Buckingham's birth in 1455, her elder son's birth in 1478,
and the fact that (as you'll read in Smith's 'Coronation of Elizabeth
Woodville') she was a young child carried around at her sister's
coronation in May 1465. This makes Katherine Woodville younger than
her nephew Thomas Grey, Marquess of Dorset, whom the same 1492 I.P.M.
returned as "aged 37 and more", putting his birth in the year 1455.
- Title: Worcester County Record Office, Berrington MS. No. 558
Worcester County Record Office, Berrington MS. No. 558.