Name: SUTHEN of Northumbria 1 2
Birth: ABT 1020 in Northumberland, England
ALIA: SIBYLLA \\, of Northumberland
Reference Number: 39179
Duncan mac CRINAN I King of Scots b: ABT 1003 in Atholl. Perthshire, Scotland
- Malcolm CANMORE King of Scots III b: ABT 1035 in Atholl, Perthshrie, Scotland
- Mael Muire MORMAER b: ABT 1038 in Atholl, Perthshrie, Scotland
- Beatrice CANMORE b: ABT 1039 in Atholl, Perthshrie, Scotland
- DONALD III King of Scotland b: ABT 1040 in Atholl, Perthshrie, Scotland
- Title: Stewart Baldwin firstname.lastname@example.org Medieval list soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com
Stewart Baldwin email@example.com Medieval list soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com.
- Author: Stewart Baldwin
Title: The Henry Project
Stewart Baldwin, The Henry Project, Source Medium: Internet
Suthen (of Northumbria?)
(Wife of king Duncan I of Scotland)
Date of Birth: Unknown.
Place of Birth: Unknown.
Date of Death: Unknown.
Place of Death: Unknown.
Possible relative: Siward, earl of Northumbria.
Suthen's name is known only from one of the Scottish king lists ("Regnal List I"), which gives the name of the mother of Malcolm III in an interlined addition [KKES 284]. ESSH 1: 596 cites the late fourteenth century Scottish historian John of Fordun [iv, 44] as stating that Duncan had married a kinswoman of Siward of Northumbria. Given Siward's support of Malcolm, that is plausible enough, but there does not appear to be any justification for attempts to define a more specific relationship between Suthen and Siward.