LDS Historical

Entries: 903875    Updated: 2015-07-17 15:32:13 UTC (Fri)    Owner: Vern    Home Page: Seeking all descendants of Sgt. John McVey and McVeys everywhere:  Note: You will leave RootsWeb

Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Download GEDCOM

  • ID: I238198
  • Name: Joel PARRISH
  • Given Name: Joel
  • Surname: PARRISH
  • Suffix: , Utah Pioneer 1847
  • Name: Joel PARISH
  • Given Name: Joel
  • Surname: PARISH
  • Sex: M
  • _UID: 7374B3BF43EC534094B9F170A3CB10256CF6
  • Change Date: 20 NOV 2006
  • Note:

    Joel Parrish was the first, with Charles Chase, to burn lime in Utah, in Emigration Canyon, June, 1848. His father, Samuel Parrish, in June, 1848, in North Canyon, peeled the first tanbark to be obtained in this territory. In 1848, Samuel Parrish chiseled a pair of millstones out of solid rock and erected a mill on Duel Creek, in Centerville, Davis County.

    It was in Stark County (Illinois) that the Parrish family met the first Mormon Missionaries whose message was just what they had been looking for. Jane Parrish Lindsey, a daughter, said "It was in the little school house which father had built that he and the others first heard the message of the restored gospel as taught by the Latter-day Saints." Samuel and his wife said, "from the first time we heard the message, it made a profound impression on our minds." They were baptized in the month of June 1840 in Stark County, Illinois. At the earliest opportunity, Samuel went to Nauvoo where he met the Prophet Joseph Smith.

    In the spring of 1842 Samuel, his family, and parents moved to Montrose, Iowa. It was while they lived there that Joel (sic died 1904 Utah) and Sarah died (sic 1853 Utah) and were buried in an unmarked grave in the Montrose Cemetery. Shortly afterwards there placed beside them the three oldest daughters of Samuel and Fanny. (Sarah ELLSWORTH d. 25 Nov 1842, Mary POLLOCK d. Sep 1843, and Lydia CODE DRISCOLL d. 1846)

    Heart Throbs of the West, Vol.8, p.234
    I desire to make honorable mention of those who were my benefactors. Capt. O. Mc. Allen of the Nauvoo Legion kindly invited me to call on him whenever I needed assistance, which I did in several instances and recieved immediate attention. Brother Samuel Parish, a Canadian, often relieved me of a heavy burden. It was his custom to call in when he saw my woodpile growing low, in cold weather, and inquire where I expected to get my next wood, assuring me that if I was not certain of being supplied in time, his team and boy, Joel, would be at my service. At length there came a time when I had it in my power to remunerate him, and I did so with a thankful heart. The son of my Canadian friend, Samuel Parish, was a boy fourteen, most obliging and generous. He was often called upon to chop wood at my door. Never did I know him to frown, even if called after a hard day's work. Fifteen years after a separation caused by the expulsion of the church from Nauvoo, I went to the dwelling of Joel Parish, which was a large stone building; found him with a fine looking wife and child, prosperous and happy. I told him I always knew he would be blessed because he was a faithful boy, willing to help those who needed his assistance. ~Louisa Barnes

    see also:

    Parrish, Joel
    Utah, The Storied Domain by J. Cecil Alder. [Chicago: American Historical Society, 1932.] v.3, p.285

    Parrish, Joel 6 Nov 1827 -
    Biographical Record of Salt Lake City and Vicinity Containing Biographies of Well Known Citizens of The Past and Present. [Chicago: National Historical Record Company, 1902.] p.364

    Parrish, Joel 6 Nov 1827 - 1856
    The City In-Between: History of Centerville, Utah, Including Some Biographies and Autobiographies of Some of Its Original Settlers. First edition. [Centerville, Utah: Mary Ellen Smoot and Marilyn Sheriff, c1975.] p.232

    Wiggins, Marvin E. Mormons and Their Neighbors

  • _TMPLT:
  • FIELD:
  • Name: Page 1
  • _TMPLT:
  • FIELD:
  • Name: Page 2
  • Birth: 6 NOV 1827 in Elizabethtown, Leeds, Ontario, Canada
  • Event: Martin Handcart Rescue Misc 1856
  • _SDATE: 1 JUL 1856
  • Note:

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.74
    The following account of the first companies was given by Elder Edmund Ellsworth, September 28th, 1856, in the old Bowery:

    "?Soon after, a letter came from President Brigham Young, wishing the hand-cart enterprise to commence this season. My heart was in the enterprise, and I showed the Saints that if it was a hard journey, they were called upon to pass through, and even should they lay down their bodies in the earth before they arrived in Great Salt Lake City, it was better to do so, keeping the commandment of God in gathering, than to wear out their bodies in the old countries; and so the Saints in that country feel now?.

    "With this kind of a company we came from England to Iowa City, probably a distance from this place of 1,300 miles or upwards. There was our first place of outfit for the plains; and there I again received my appointment to lead the first company of handcarts across the plains.

    "Again, had the making of our hand-carts been directed by the wisdom of our President here, or could the work there have been superintended by men of more experience, with time to have attended strictly to seeing that the carts were made in the best proportions and of good, substantial timber, much labor on the plains might have been avoided; in fact I presume that one-third the labor we have had could have been thus saved. Our hand-carts were of a poor description, but they had to be experimented upon, and the experiment made this season has been at our expense?.

    "I regret that there was a wagon in our company, for I realized that wagons had a tendency to destroy the faith of our brethren and sisters; for if they were sick a little they felt that they could get into the wagons.

    "I am persuaded that if there had been no wagons for such people, there would have been none sick, or weak, but that their faith would have been strong in the name of the Lord. (Voice, that is true.) Consequently I have had to labor with the people incessantly to keep faith in them, to keep them away from the wagons by showing them that there was honor attached to pulling hand-carts into the valley; by saying, 'I have walked 1,300 miles, old and decrepit as I am, with these crooked legs of mine, and there is honor in that, brethren and sisters, far more than in having to be carried in a wagon to the valleys of the mountains,' and thus I believe that I have stimulated those that otherwise would have come into the wagons.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.75
    "When we came to the large streams that had to be crossed, such as the Platte, it seemed almost too much for human nature, for men, women, and children to wade through a broad stream nearly two feet deep, and some would tremble at it; but the most, as they were requested, boldly entered and went through freely, not caring for the poor gentile sneaks who were watching them on the banks.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.75
    "The brethren and sisters felt wonderfully tender of the children, on the commencement of the journey, asking, "What shall we do with them?' and saying that they must get into the wagons. I said, 'let them stick by the hand-carts, and pull off their heavy shoes so that they can go along light footed, and the journey will be accomplished easily by them; their feet will become tough and the mothers who will take this course will see the utility of it before the journey is accomplished'; but some were so tender of their children that they nearly killed them by keeping on their heavy stockings and shoes.

    "The remarks of President Young, concerning our teams having been a hinderment to us, are verily true; and I believe his suggestions were, at first, to provide a few mule teams to travel in company with the hand-carts for hospital purposes, and also to carry some of the baggage. Had the brethren in the States been able to have accomplished this, I believe that the companies of hand-carts already arrived would have been in some ten or twelve days sooner.

    "Some of the brethern wrote letters to their wives, immediately after starting in the hand-cart train, but I believe they have all had to bring their letters in their pockets; we have passed the ox teams, and everything that started with us. An ox train started ten days before us and anticipated making as speedy a passage as any such company could do, but we passed it, and it is still back.

    "Our ox teams started with us in the morning, but they would be from one to three hours behind us in getting into camp at night, besides what we waited for them through the day; and we have generally waited from one to three hours in the middle of the day?. "

    Late in July, nearly two months after the first companies had set out for Utah, two more companies started out, one under the direction of James G. Willie and the other commanded by Edward Martin. According to figures compiled by Historian Andrew Jenson, they were organized into companies as follows: Willie's Company: 500 souls, 120 carts, 5 wagons, 24 oxen, 45 beef cattle. Martin's Company: 575 souls, 146 carts, 7 wagons, 30 oxen, 50 beef cattle. They were accompanied by two wagon trains, one under the direction of William Hodgett, and the other under the direction of John A. Hunt. Willie's company left on July 15th and Martin's on July 28th, and the wagon trains left in early August. All together there were one thousand five hundred and fifty souls in the companies, and every one knew the risk they were taking because of the lateness of the season. The first two hundred miles all was well, the scenery being beautiful and game being plentiful, and a spirit of joy reigned in these camps of Captain Willie's cattle were run off Israel. However, on September 4th, by a band of redskins, and this proved to be a great calamity. Then to add to their disappointment, in a few weeks their food supply ran low. When they were three hundred miles west of Florence they were badly frightened by a herd of buffalo that nearly stampeded upon them. By this time their carts were falling to pieces because of the bad roads, and much time had to be spent in mending them.

    When this company reached North Bluff Creek, six hundred miles away from Iowa City, their provisions were so low that Captain Willie was compelled to cut their rations. That night Elder Franklin Richards and a party of returning elders joined them and found the camp in a serious condition. They felt the best way would be to hurry on to Salt Lake and report to President Young the conditions and have relief sent to the company. On the last day of September, Willie's Company reached Fort Laramie with five hundred miles still before them, the path leading through mountainous country. Remember, their provisions were low and cold weather coming closer. On October 12th, Captain Willie was forced to cut the rations, this time to ten ounces for men, nine for women, six for children, and three for infants. Their last flour was used on the 19th and that night fell the first snow of the season. In the morning the immigrants found eighteen inches on the level.

    Up to this time the Martin Company had met about the same fate, but had their beef cattle to add to their provisions. Both companies forded the Platte and North Platte Rivers besides other small streams. The Martin Company had just crossed the Sweet Water when a terrible storm came upon them and the suffering of the group was intense. Bedding had been discarded along the way that the load might become lighter, and was very much needed at this time. Deaths from extreme cold, exhaustion and lack of food were frequent. Then to add to this, the people had eaten fresh meat from a few oxen that could go no farther, and dysentery came into the camp to take its toll. About this time Apostle Richards had reached Salt Lake and reported the conditions found among the members of the Willie's handcart company. October conference was convening and on Monday morning President Young addressed the people saying in part:

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.76
    "There are a number of our people on the plains who have started to come to Zion with handcarts and they need our help. We want twenty teams by tomorrow to go to their relief. It will be necessary to send two experienced men with each wagon. I will furnish three teams loaded with provisions and send good men with them and Brother Heber C. Kimball will do the same. If there are any brethren present who have suitable outfits for such a journey, please make it known at once so we will know what to depend upon."

    Conference was adjourned while all the brethren and sisters started to get ready to help their friends upon the plains. All day they worked, every one doing his part. Provisions were gathered, women collecting bedding and clothing, and that evening twenty-seven young men met and received final instructions to rescue the Saints. Among this group were George D. Grant, William H. Kimball, Joseph A. Young, Cyrus H. Wheelock, James Ferguson, Chauncey Webb, Thomas Bankhead, Daniel W. Jones, Stephen Taylor, Joel Parish, Charles Grey, Amos Fairbanks, Thomas Ricks, Edward Peck, William Broomhead, Ira Nebeker, Able Garr, Harvey Cluff, and Heber P. Kimball, nearly all trained scouts. The others were equally trained to rescuing. When they reached Fort Bridger they became alarmed as they had expected to meet the advance company, under direction of Willie, at this point. After deliberating, a decision was made to send Joseph Young and Cyrus H. Wheelock ahead to urge the companies to come on, if possible. Soon the snow became so deep and the wind blowing from the north so cold that they had to camp, for the men and animals were completely exhausted. It was here on the night of the 20th that Captain Willie and Joseph Elder, riding on two worn out animals, brought the news that unless immediate aid came his company would perish. The men soon prepared to start again and after a hard journey arrived at Willie's Camp where they found people who had not eaten for forty-eight hours. Immediately fires were lighted and food prepared. To some the rescue party was too late for that night nine more deaths occurred. Part of the rescue party stayed with the Willie Company, but most of them pushed on to the rescue of the Martin Company, also the Hodgett and Hunt Wagon Companies. William H. Kimball was in charge of the return party which immediately started for the valley. The rescue party had broken a trail and the handcarts tried to follow it. All along the trail they met relief parties carrying more provisions. Most of these went on to relieve those of the other companies trying to get through to the valley.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.77
    At Fort Bridger the company was met with half a hundred wagons. It was a glorious day, for the wagons returned carrying the sorrowing pioneers to Salt Lake City on November 9th. About one-sixth of their number had perished along the way. They had endured sorrows almost unbelievable, sickness, death, frozen limbs, hunger, and everything that the physical body can be called on to endure. Yet, on their arrival here they went on, determined to make the best of their new home. The kind attitude of the Saints was shown in their greeting of these unfortunate pioneers. Their homes were opened to the people of the handcart companies, and food and clothing given freely, and an effort was made to soothe the hearts of those who had endured much. Before night every man, woman and child had been cared for.

    Instruction had been given to the young scouts not to return until they had rescued the Saints on the plains, or accounted for every soul. George D. Grant and his party pushed on with a courage that gave evidence that they fully sensed the responsibility placed upon them. Two scouts, Joseph A. Young and Daniel W. Jones were sent out to find the immigrants. Part of their report is as follows:

    "We found the Martin Company in a deplorable condition, they having lost fifty-six of their number since crossing the North Platte nine days before. Their provisions were nearly gone and their clothing almost worn out. Most of their bedding had been left behind, as they were unable to haul it on account of their weakened condition. We advised them to move on every day just as far as they could as that was the only possible way they had to escape death.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.78
    "The next morning we rode over to Hunt's Camp, twelve miles farther on, and found them almost out of provisions and their cattle dying for want of food. The majority of this company had become so discouraged that they knew not what to do. We explained how impossible it was for us to give them substantial aid as we had only nine loads of provisions left which amounted to very little when there were so many to feed. We urged them to move on to the valley every day, no matter what the sacrifice might be. We gave them to understand that the authorities at Salt Lake had no idea they were so far from home, and had made no arrangements to meet such conditions. The clouds were gathering for another storm, and as we were leaving it commenced to snow quite hard.

    "When we overtook the Martin Company, we found them strung out for miles. Old men were tugging at loaded carts, women were pulling sick husbands, and children struggling through the deep
    snow, and so it went They camped that night in a place where there was neither wood nor shelter and it was bitter cold. Several deaths occurred that night and others were dying. When we left that night they were at Grease Wood Springs, thirty miles away, and just getting ready for another start."

    The rescue party received this word and immediately Captain Grant made a start to meet the Saints. Three days later the Martin Company and Hunt's Company were at Devil's Gate where the provisions of the rescue party were divided. Some few days later, Hogett's wagon company arrived. Word was sent right away to President Young telling him of the seriousness of the condition of the people. In part, Captain Grant said:

    "You can imagine between five and six hundred men and women and children, worn out by drawing handcarts through mud and snow, fainting by the way side, children crying with cold, their limbs stiffened, their feet bleeding and some of them bare to the frost. The sight is too much for the stoutest of us, but we go on doing our duty not doubting nor disparing. Our party is too small to be much of a help. Our assistance is only a drop in the bucket as it were, in comparison as to what is needed."

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.78
    In ten days the messengers arrived in Salt Lake City and reported the condition to President Young. Although other rescue wagons were on the trail, still more were needed, and true to his promise, President Young called for volunteers to bring the handcart pioneers to Utah. By the next morning wagons loaded with provisions were prepared to leave.

    Ephraim K. Hanks, one of the rescue party, says:

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.79
    "About sundown I reached the ill-fated handcart company and the sight that met my eyes was enough to arouse the emotions of the hardest heart. The starving and haggard looks of these poor, dejected creatures can never be put out of my mind. Flocking around me one would say, 'Please give me some meat for my hungry children.' Shivering urchins with tears streaming down their cheeks would cry out, 'Please Mister, give me some,' and so it went. In less than ten minutes the meat was all gone and in a short time everybody was eating his own with a relish that did one good to behold."?From Sketch of Life of Ephraim Hanks.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.79
    This good man proved to be a great aid to the pioneers as he was a splendid scout and hunter and was also a man of great spiritual and physical courage. Another man of real daring was William H. Kimball, who took charge of the Willie Company. He only remained in Salt Lake one day and the next day in company with James Ferguson, Hosea Stout and Joseph Simmons, started back with provisions. Soon other wagons joined and the trail was kept broken by the rescue wagons. The Martin Company with the aid of these men was able to reach Salt Lake City on November 30th, and the Hunt and Hogett Wagon Trains reached their destination the early part of December.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.79
    From the writings of Daniel W. Jones, we find that a cache was made at Devil's Gate of all unnecessary clothing, handcarts, boxes, etc., that were being carried in the wagons. A group of men, among whom were Mr. Jones, Thomas Alexander and Ben Hampton, were chosen to stay and guard the goods. They, too, suffered from hunger, which the following quotations show:

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.79
    "With the cattle killed that were fit to eat, and what provisions we had on hand, we managed to live for a while without suffering, except for salt. Bread soon gave out and we lived on meat alone. Some of us went out hunting daily but with poor success.

    "Game soon became so scarce that we could kill nothing. We ate all the poor meat; one would get hungry eating it. Finally that was all gone, nothing now but hides were left. We made a trial of them. A lot was cooked and eaten without any seasoning and it made the whole company sick. Many were so turned against the stuff that it made them sick to think of it.

    "We had coffee and some sugar, but drinking coffee seemed to only destroy the appetite, and stimulate for only a little while. One man became delirious from drinking so much of it.

    "Things looked dark, for nothing remained but the poor, raw hides taken from starved cattle. We asked the Lord to direct us what to do. The brethren did not murmur, but felt to trust in God. We had cooked the hide, after soaking and scraping the hair off until it was soft, and then ate it, glue and all. This made it rather inclined to stay with us longer than we desired. Finally I was impressed how to fix the stuff and gave the company advice, telling them how to cook it; for them to scorch and scrape the hair off; this had a tendency to kill and purify the bad taste that scalding gave it. After scraping, boil one hour in plenty of water, throwing the water away which had extracted all the glue, then wash and scrape the hide thoroughly, washing in cold water, then boil to a jelly and let it get cold, and then eat with a little sugar sprinkled on it. This was considerable trouble, but we had little else to do and it was better than starving."

    Sometimes a weary traveler would come to their aid and sometimes an Indian or a stage-coach driver, until at last they were able, with the aid of a relief party, to reach their home in the mountains.

    Heart Throbs of the West, Kate B. Carter, Vol.1, p.80
    Stories that thrill are told of the kindness and brotherly love that existed among these ill-fated pioneers. One of them mentioned in different diaries gives an account of two men, the father and grandfather of Dr. George Middleton, who were in charge of the provision wagon of the Martin Company, picking up the children who were walking. They would tenderly take some of the babes from their mother's arms and place them in the wagons. If one became discouraged because of physical pain, an hour's ride with the Middletons ofttimes brought courage back. Another interesting bit of history gives us the story of a beautiful courtship between one of the rescue party, William M. Cowley, and a lovely English girl, who was a member of Martin's Company. This young girl, Emily Wall, and her brother Joseph started out for Utah well prepared to make the journey on foot, as their mother had purchased fifteen pairs of sturdy shoes for each of them. Emily was only fifteen years of age and her brother three years her senior, but they had been promised that they both would reach Salt Lake City. When the point was reached that their company could not carry so much, these two discarded part of their clothing, giving it to those who were not as fortunate as they. Part way across the plains the brother took ill and the company thought it best that he be left behind, telling the sister he could come on when he was better. However, Emily had been promised their safe arrival in the valley and she promised to pull her brother on her cart if he would only be permitted to come. Consent was given and with the aid of a small girl she pulled Joseph for three days. When she reached Devil's Gate where the company of rescuers met the party, one of the boys, William M. Cowley, who was a very young printer, came to her aid. In conversation with her he asked if some day she would marry him. Emily said she didn't know and told him he would have to write to England and get permission from her mother. Time went on and the youth was not seen again for three years, as he had been called to San Bernardino to set up a printing press. Upon his return he found the young lady at the home of President Young and asked her if she remembered his proposal. She had, but wanted to know if he had written to her mother. After being informed that a letter had been written to her mother and that an answer had come saying it was all right for them to be married provided he was a good man, Emily consented and the young couple were married. Twelve children were born to them and she remained his only sweetheart. The story of this couple was submitted by Daughter Emily Cowley Fowler.
  • Census: 1900
  • _SDATE: 1 JUL 1900 Centerville, Davis, Utah
  • Note:

    "extracted by Bernie Schulze"
    1900 - A & B Utah Davis Centerville
    Series T- 623 R- 1683 P- 90
    Joel Parrish (72) -- Nov 1827 , Canada
    Elizabeth -- (62) Jan 1838 , PA.
    Ezra -- ( 27) -- Oct 1862
    Joseph A. -- ( 26) -- Sep 1873
    Eliza -- ( 24) -- Jan 1866 (should be ( 34) )
    Sarah O. -- ( 23) -- Oct 1876
    Chloe D. -- ( 22) -- Jul 1877
    Ernest -- ( 23) -- Aug 1876
    George S. -- ( 22) -- Feb 1878
    William W. -- ( 20) -- Sep 1879
    Clara -- ( 17 ) -- Mar 1883
    Hyrum -- (26) -- Aug 1873
    John -- (30) -- Mar 1870
    Samuel -- ( 45) -- Apr 1855
  • Death: 14 NOV 1904 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
  • Burial: 21 NOV 1904 Centerville City Cem, Davis, Utah
  • Ancestral File #: 1HLQ-D1
  • Ancestral File #: BJV8-3Q

    Father: Samuel PARRISH b: 30 SEP 1798 in Elizabethtown, Leeds, Ontario, Canada
    Mother: Frances "Fanny" DACK b: 28 OCT 1795 in Aghold Parish, Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

    Marriage 1 Sarah Myers LINDSAY b: 10 MAR 1833 in Johnstown, Leeds And Grenville, Ontario, Canada
    • Married: ABT 1852

    Marriage 2 Elizabeth BRATTON b: 19 JAN 1838 in Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Married: 16 JUL 1854 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
    1. Has Children Samuel Joel PARRISH b: 29 APR 1855 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    2. Has No Children Peter PARRISH b: ABT 1856 in , , Utah
    3. Has Children Mary Bratton PARRISH b: 7 OCT 1858 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    4. Has Children Hyrum Bratton PARRISH b: 7 APR 1860 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    5. Has No Children Joel Bratton PARRISH b: 9 JUL 1862 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    6. Has Children Charles Augustus PARRISH b: 7 AUG 1864 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    7. Has No Children Elizabeth PARRISH b: 13 MAY 1866 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    8. Has Children Parley Pratt PARRISH b: 17 APR 1869 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    9. Has No Children Eliza Jane "Jennie" PARRISH b: 17 FEB 1871 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    10. Has No Children Sarah Orilla (Rilla) PARRISH b: 25 FEB 1873 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    11. Has No Children Phoebe PARRISH b: 29 MAY 1875 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    12. Has No Children Walter Wesley PARRISH b: 29 MAY 1875 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    13. Has Children George Stanley PARRISH b: 25 FEB 1878 in Centerville, Davis, Utah

    Marriage 3 Emma FORD b: 14 JAN 1849 in Cambridge, Gravely, Bedfordshire, England
    • Married: 13 JUL 1867 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
    1. Has No Children Emma Rebecca PARRISH b: 10 MAY 1868 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    2. Has Children John Ford PARRISH b: 3 MAR 1870 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    3. Has Children Ezra "B" PARRISH b: 28 SEP 1871 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    4. Has Children Joseph Alonzo PARRISH b: 20 AUG 1873 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    5. Has Children Chloe Dack PARRISH b: 1 OCT 1875 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    6. Has Children Ernest PARRISH b: 13 AUG 1877 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    7. Has Children William Wesley PARRISH b: 30 AUG 1879 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    8. Has No Children Heber Joel PARRISH b: 26 JAN 1882 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    9. Has No Children Clara Ford (Claire) PARRISH b: 24 MAR 1883 in Centerville, Davis, Utah
    10. Has No Children Alvin Ford PARRISH b: 13 NOV 1885 in Centerville, Davis, Utah

    Marriage 4 Mary Ann DACK b: <1831> in
    • Married: 30 NOV 1877

    Marriage 5 Cynthia Ann CADY b: 30 JUL 1860 in , Henry, Illinois
    • Married: 30 NOV 1877 in St. George, Washington, Utah

    Marriage 6 Mary Myers LINDSAY b: 4 JUN 1823 in Johnstown, Leeds And Grenville, Ontario, Canada
    • Married: 8 JUL 1886 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah

    1. Abbrev: Ancestral File (TM)
      Title: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (TM). June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998une 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998.
      Name: Footnoteune 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998
      Name: ShortFootnote
      Name: Bibliographyune 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998.
        Name: Family History Library
        Salt Lake City, UT 84150 USA

        Name: Family History Library
        Salt Lake City, UT 84150 USA
    2. Abbrev: LDS Historical database by Vern Taylor
      Title: LDS Historical database compiled by Vern Taylor Dec 2003
      Name: Footnote
      Name: ShortFootnote
      Name: Bibliography
      Note: Additional data/descendants by "Bernard Schulze" Dec 2005
  • We want to hear from you! Take our WorldConnect survey

    Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Download GEDCOM

    Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly Version Search Ancestry Search Ancestry Search WorldConnect Search WorldConnect Join Today! Join Today!

    WorldConnect Home | WorldConnect Global Search | WorldConnect Help
    We want to hear from you! Take our WorldConnect survey is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.