Name: Daniel HOWELL
Birth: 1660 in Tamworth, Warwick, England
Death: 28 SEP 1739 in Solebury Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
1. The minute book of the supreme court of New Jersey--commencing 1681, and knowing the vaults of the office of the supreme court at Trenton--presents a curious trial of Daniel & Mordecai Howell in 1685 for shooting and carrying away the hogs of William Cooper. They were indicted, tried and convicted, the court sitting at Burlington, and were fined five pounds each. The trial, which was a protracted one, discloses the peculiar manner of our ancestors in conducting such cases. the identity of the porkers was the turning point in the case, as the ears had been cut off, and the marks destroyed. But when Daniel Cooper,son of William, testified to having seen a dead hog on the back of one of the defendants, before its ears were cut off, and identified it as one of his father's swine, there was no room for further doubt, and hence the conviction.
Event: Land 1687 Cooper's Creek, Waterford Twp., Gloucester, New Jersey
2. In 1687, Daniel sold his Brother Mordecai 250 acres of land with the buildings on coopers' Creek, probably the farm on which their father deceased. In 1688 Daniel sold 100 acres of the homestead to MosesLakin, bounded by the stream before named. In 1690, Daniel Howells old 60 acres, part of the original tract, to Josiah Appleton, which joined other lands owned by John and Richard Appleton, at a place then called Apple-town.
Event: Land 1691 nor Trenton, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3. In the year 1691, Daniel removed from Cooper's creek to a new residence near Philadelphia which he called Hartsfield; and after a short stay at that place, he removed thence to "Stacy's Mills," at the falls of the Delaware, around which place now stands the city of Trenton.
Father: GeorgeThomas HOWELL b: 1638 in Harleston, Staffordshire, England
Mother: Katherine THOMAS b: 1640 in Farnsworth, Warwick, England
Hannah LAKIN b: 29 JAN 1657 in Alderwaisaire, Straffordshire, England
04 SEP 1686
in Christ Church, Philadelphia, Philadelphia City County, Pennsylvania
- Daniel HOWELL b: 04 SEP 1688 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- John HOWELL b: ABT 1690 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Benjamin HOWELL b: 1692 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Catherine HOWELL b: ABT 1694 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia City County, Pennsylvania
- Hannah HOWELL b: ABT 1696 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Joseph HOWELL b: 1698 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania