Name: Anna DIEBE
Given Name: Anna
Birth: ABT 1818 in Württemberg
Death: in Baraboo, Sauk Co, Wisconsin
Kerry Rennick gives Anna's birthplace as 'Wurtenburg', which I have assumed is Württemberg. The 1880 and 1910 censuses for her son Jacob Zimmerly list his mother's birthplace as Switzerland.
Change Date: 19 Feb 2003 at 00:00:00
John Tucker writes:
came by boat down Ohio River to Prairie Du Sheen Wis. settled in Happy Hill
Rudolph Jacob ZIMMERLY Jr b: 20 May 1808 in Switzerland
- Note: Rudolph & Anna had at least three sons and five daughters; of the latter only the name of Mariana (Mary) is known. The five daughters may be accounted thus: (1) Kerry Rennick lists a daughter who died in Ohio at age 13; this presumably was before the family moved from Ohio to Wisconsin, so she would have been older than Mary; (2) Mary's 1935 newspaper interview tells of an older sister who was nearly abducted, then rescued, during the journey from Ohio to Wisconsin; (3) Mariana (Mary); (4&5) The 1935 interview tells of 2 younger sisters who died of cholera after the family reached Wisconsin.
- Henry ZIMMERLY
- [daughter] ZIMMERLY b: BEF 1838 in (Powhaten Point, Monroe Co, Ohio)?
- Jacob ZIMMERLY b: 2 Jan 1841 in Powhaton, Monroe or Belmont Co, Ohio
- [daughter] ZIMMERLY b: BEF 1843 in (Powhaten Point, Monroe Co, Ohio)?
- Mariana (Mary) Elizabeth ZIMMERLY b: 7 Jan 1843 in Powhaten Point, Belmont or Monroe Co, Ohio
- [2 daughters] ZIMMERLY b: AFT 1843 in (Powhaten Point, Belmont or Monroe Co, Ohio)?
- John ZIMMERLY b: 1851/1852 in Happy Hill, (Prarie Du Sheen, Wisconsin)
24 Dec 1863
in (Sauk Co, Wisconsin)?