Name: William (Oliver) CHAMPERNOUN Of Umberleigh
Given Name: William (Oliver)
Suffix: Of Umberleigh
Birth: ABT 1203 in Umberleigh, Torrington, Devonshire, England 1 2
Death: BEF 21 Aug 1249 in High Bickington, Torrington, Devonshire, England 1 2
Following is a post from Ronny Bodine to soc.genealogy.medieval.
1 3 2
Change Date: 13 May 2005 at 01:00:00
From: RBodine996 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: THE EARLY CHAMPERNOUNS
5. WILLIAM de CHAMBERNOUN. Born c1203. In 1224, when he had come of age, he disputed the g ift of his great-grandmother, Hawise de Redvers, of the manor of Fleet, claiming the manor ha d earlier been given to his father (Charters of the Redvers Family, p. 149). In April 1229 h e was involved in a dispute with the Abbot of Tewkesbury (Cal. Patent Rolls, 1225-32, p. 28 8 and Curia Regis Rolls, 1227-1230, p. 514).
He married Eva, daughter of Rainald de Whitchurch, of Shrivenham, Berkshire. On 21 Au g 1249, Geoffrey de Grandi Monte was granted all land in Beseby, in the soke of Wautham, an d with the dower of Eva de Chambernun there if she should die in this time (Cal. Patent Rolls , 1247-58, p. 46).
7. Joan de Champernon (Campo Arnulphi), m. Sir Ralph de Willington.
Father: Jordan De CHAMPERNOUN of Umberleigh,Sir knight b: ABT 1157 in High Bickinghan,Torrington,Devonshire,England
Mother: Emma De SOLIGNY Heiress of Umberleigh b: ABT 1178 in Umberleigh,Rorrington,Devonshire,England
Eve De WHITCHURCH b: ABT 1205 in Shrivenham, Faringdon, Berkshire, England
- Joan CHAMPERNOWNE Heiress of Umberleigh b: ABT 1223 in Umberleigh, Torrington, Devonshire, England
Source Media Type: Other
Text: Date of Import: Oct 30, 2000
- Title: Newsgroup: soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com
Page: Ronny Bodine, 18 Feb 1999
- Title: Complete Peerage of England Scotland Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, by G. E Co kayne, Sutton Publishing Lt