Name: Margaret JACKSON
Given Name: Margaret
Name: "Peggy" "Maggie"
Given Name: "Peggy" "Maggie"
Birth: 3 Apr 1853 in Urker Lodge, Crossmaglen, Co. Armagh 1
Death: 27 Feb 1944 in Slieveroe, Stranooden, Co. Monaghan, Ireland
Change Date: 3 Aug 2016 at 15:31
In a 1915 letter from Bessie Brown [nee Jackson] to her son , ThomasBrown, an Aunt Margaret is mentioned and is possibl y this Margaret.Slieveroe is mentioned. Is this where she g ot married? Or where shelived?
From "Full Circle"
p. 325 "The war memorial and other Cahans tablets ... ar e now inFirst Ballybay." "In loving memory of Margaret McCu llagh who died 27thFebruary 1944. Erected by her children."
p. 326 "The McCullagh memorial was under the front window o n the wallto the graveyard side. When she died in 1944, Mrs . Margaret McCullaghof Slieveroe had included in her wil l a clause expressing her wishthat her son give [pounds ] 5 yearly to Cahans in her memory 'where shehad so long wo rshipped'. ...William Armour dedicated the memorial toon e who had been 'for many years a staunch supporter of theco ngregation'[Presbyterian Herald, November 1950].
Family Bible held by Gika Jackson shows that she was marrie d to AndrewBradford McCullagh by Rev. David Jamieson.
Money left to her by her aunt Mary Jane Oliver.
Father: David JACKSON b: 4 Feb 1814 in Urker Lodge, Crossmaglen, Co. Armagh
Mother: Elizabeth OLIVER b: 10 Apr 1815 in Probably Killinure, Co. Armagh
Robert Hamilton REED b: 24 Oct 1847 in Slieveroe, Co. Monaghan
26 Oct 1875
in Derryvalley (See Notes Under Reed) 2
- Change Date:
22 Mar 2016
- Eva Oliver REED b: 19 Nov 1876 in Slieveroe, Co. Monaghan
- Maud Martha Elizabeth REED b: 19 May 1878 in Slieveroe, Co. Monaghan
- Thomas Jackson REED b: 25 May 1880 in Slieveroe, Co. Monaghan
- Margaret Hamilton REED b: 21 Feb 1882 in Slieveroe, Ballybay, Monaghan, Ire
Andrew Bradford MCCULLAGH b: 20 Nov 1848 in Ireland
31 Aug 1887
in Freeduff Presbyterian Church 3
- Change Date:
22 Mar 2016
- Sarah MCCULLAGH b: 5 Aug 1889 in Ireland
- Mary MCCULLAGH b: 17 Jul 1890 in Ireland
- Elizabeth MCCULLAGH b: 14 Jul 1892 in Ireland
- Alice Margaret MCCULLAGH b: 18 Aug 1894 in Ireland
- George David MCCULLAGH b: 4 Nov 1896 in Ireland
- John Andrew MCCULLAGH b: 19 Nov 1897 in Slieveroe, Co. Monaghan, Ireland
- Abbrev: Family Tree of Dr. Thomas Alexander McNeil
Title: Family Tree of Dr. Thomas Alexander McNeil
- Abbrev: Wendy Jack Website Jack/McCullagh families
Title: Wendy Jack Website Jack/McCullagh families
- Abbrev: Note
Text: In a letter Sept 7, 1887, the wedding is described. The hea ded forDublin afterwards, but ended up at her brother Andre w's inForstertown.