Name: Nathaniel Davis* 1
Birth: 17 APR 1655 in St Michael's Parish, perhaps Devonshire, England 2 3
Death: in some say Hanover Co., VA
Reference Number: 94
It is said he came to Virginia from Wales, and was a Quaker. He is sometimes noted as Quaker Davis...
But, Lorene Martens, see footnote, notes that "The Complete Book of Immigrants, 1607-1776" suggests that Nathaniel was "reprieved for transportation for Barbados June 1671, London." She recalls seeing somewhere that he was jailed and transported for stealing tobacco. "On 8 June 1671 Newgate prisoners reprieved to be transported to Barbados: London."
Elizabeth* Hughes b: ABT 1654 in Jamestown, James City Co., VA
in Perhaps in Hanover Co., VA
Leona Simonini kindly sent this reference in Feb 2008:
"Going through some of my genealogy I was looking at the following notes and couldn't remember if you had them or not.
"The following comes from a book:
Marriages of Virginia Residents - Volume I, Part II, Surnames C-D: Kegley page 236
Nathaniel Davis married Elizabeth Hughes, daughter of _____________ and Princess Nicketti
- Nathaniel* or Robert Davis b: 1676 in VA, or perhaps Barbados
- Mary Davis b: 1680 in Albemarle Co., VA
- Hannah Davis b: ABT 1684
- Title: Leona M. Simonini, op. cit.
- Title: Ronald Henrie Brown, Bellevue, Washington, Sep., 2001, sent to me by Leniece V. Watson, Burbank Calif., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title: Lorene Martens, , from "English Settlers in Barbados," notes this Nathaniel was the son of Nathaniel and Elinor White, Jul., 2002