Name: William Nosworthy Churchill
Death: 7 SEP 1846 in Constantinople, Turkey
Information comes from national Archives, State Dept. RG59, Consular Dispatches, Constantinople. Microfilm T194, Roll #1:
Churchill was appointed American Vice-Consul 14 Sep 1831. Recommended to be Consul 5 Jul 1833 due to resignation of former Consul. On 29 Apr 1834 David Porter, minister of the American Legation at San Stephano told him to turn over the Consulate archives in Constantinople to John P. Brown, together with balance of funds in his hands of $149.44. Churchill states that he knows who defamed him and asks American President for an inquiry.
Date of Death comes from American Board of Missions Register of Deaths at Constantinople. Entry #45 says in part, "editor of a Turkish paper, died of dropsy of the heart and was buried 8 Sept. 1846."
- Emily Churchill
- Juliette Churchill b: 2 MAY 1830 in Constantinople, Turkey
- Nora Constantia Churchill b: ABT 12 NOV 1831 in Constantinople, Turkey
- Louisa Churchill b: 28 MAR 1833 in Constantinople, Turkey
- William Chalcedon Churchill b: 4 AUG 1835
- Harriet Helena Esther Churchill b: 13 MAY 1837
- Evalina Nora Churchill b: 21 FEB 1839
- Fanny Matilda Churchill b: 25 MAY 1843
- Victoria Elizabeth Churchill b: 30 JAN 1846