Note: In his will, Stephen D. Tomlinson left property on E. Market Street, between N. Delaware and N. Alabama, to his wife, with the provision that it would be given to the City of Indianapolis upon her death. He stipulated that the land must always be used for a civic purpose. Eventually, Tomlinson Hall and the adjacent City Market were built. Tomlinson Hall was a popular meeting place, the site of conventions, weddings, graduations, sporting events, etc. Tomlinson Hall burned down in 1958, but the City Market remains today. A stone and brick arch from the Tomlinson Hall building stands in the courtyard to the west of the City Market.
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.