Note: ich run east-west across the county, serve Macksville as well as Zenith, Stafford, and St. John. The City Park on the east side of downtown has a fancy stone bandshell, curving brick paths, and a small canal. Two footbridges cross it, one stone, and one brick. The bandshell, built in 1940, contains stones from all the states. This is a great place to stretch your legs. George E. Mack , a banker, received a land grant after serving in the U.S. Army in the Civil War. He pitched his tent in western Stafford County in 1877 among other settlers. He donated sites for a Methodist Church and parsonage, and a city park, and built himself a house with shipped-in lumber. On May 26th 1879 he was appointed Postmaster. In 1885, the town was platted, and the arrival of the Santa Fe railroad made the town blossom.
Note: !Macksville is located in southwestern Stafford County. Highway 50 and the AT&SF railroad, wh
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.