Note: North Rush Cemetery Records of Rush, NY: SIBLEY, Elisha, Sgt, Capt. Rowley's Co, NYSM War of 1812, b.1730, d.30 Aug 1831 " Ann Bills, (dates unreadable) " Ada, dau of SA & Jane, d.27 Dec 1863, 16 yrs 3 mo " Millacent, wife of Samuel, d.22 Jul 1843, 92 y 6m 5d " T. Romeyn, 1834-1895 " S. Jane, wife of Romeyn, 1837-1863 " Nellie, dau of TR & SJ, 1858-1863 " Rev. William, b.13 Oct 1813, d.28 Mar 1873 " Mary C, wife of Rev. William, b.6 Jan 1823, d.19 Sep 1902 " George A, d. 4 Oct 1873, 26 yrs 4 mo 17 days " Jeremiah, d.21 Feb 1883, 78 yrs " Lucy Ann Kelsey, wife of Jeremiah,d.8 Sep 1879, 69 yrs [Compiler's NOTES: Elisha Sibley _________ ] Burial records from the Town of Henrietta, NY: Sibley Ann Maria 23 Aug 1923 widow Elisha E ? Maplewood Sibley Annis M 30 Jan 1899 Maplewood Sibley Elisha E 22 Apr 1894 husband Ann Maria Maplewood Sibley Vary D 13 May 1929 son Elisha E & Ann Maria Historical and Statistical Gazetteer of New York State by J. H. French (1860) Rush - was formed from Avon, (Livingston co.,) March 13, 1818. It lies near the center of the s. border of the co. Its surface is rolling, with a w. inclination. Genesee River forms its w. boundary; and Honeoye Creek flows w. through the town and enters the river near the center of the w. border. In the w. part, along the river, are extensive flats. The soil is a sandy calcareous loam on the uplands, and a rich alluvium on the flats. East Rush (Rush p. o.) contains a church, a saw and grist mill, a carriage factory, and about 250 inhabitants; West Rush, (p. v.,) in the w. part, a station on the C. & N. F. Branch of the N.Y.C.R.R. contains a saw and grist mill and 30 houses; North Rush, (p. v.,) in the n. w. part, about 1 mi. e. of Scottsville station, contains a church and 16 houses. Genesee Valley R. R. Junction is 1 mi. w. of West Rush. The first settlement was commenced in 1799, by Maj. Wm. Markham and Ransom Smith, from N. H. The first settled minister was Elder Goff, (Bap.) Rush footnotes Among the early settlers were Joseph Morgan, from the w. side of the river, and ---- Spaker, from the Mohawk. Philip Brice, Chrystal Thomas, Josiah Stall, and John Bell, came in 1801, from Md.; Joseph Sibley and Elisha Sibley, from Rensselaer co. in 1804; Elnathan Perry and Thomas Daily, in 1806. The first birthe was that of Joseph Morgan, in 1789. The first deaths were Mr. and Mrs. Markham, in 1791. John Webster kept the first inn; Benj. Campbell the first store; and John Webster built the first gristmill. The census reports 5 churches in town; 2 M. E., Evan. Luth., Bap., and Christian.
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.