Title: Perley, Sidney, The History of Salem 1671-1716, Vol. III (Salem, Mass., S. Perley, 1924-28)
Title: Find A Grave, internet
Title: Torrey, Clarence Almon, New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., Inc., 1985)
Note: From the Internet: "Dea. John2 Cressey (Mighill1) was b. at ``Royal Side,'' Salem, now Beverly, Mass., in August, 1659. His mother d. leaving him an infant and he was brought up by his grandfather Batchelder. At his grandfather's death he chose in court his uncle, Joseph Batchelder, to be his guardian in 1675, when he was 16. His father d. in 1670 and left him 6 acres of land along ``Royal Neck'' and £5 English money. When a young man he bought several lots of land and probably owned 100 acres, including the property he bought in 1709, which appears to have been the home of his boyhood, which runs through the golf grounds, and has been owned by descendants for more than 200 years. His trade was a weaver and tailor. In manhood Dea. Cressey became a prominent and influential director in the political and religious activities of the community. He was a charter member and first deacon of the Second Church in Beverly. The meetinghouse was built in 1714 and stands today, 1935. The church was organized in 1715 with 15 members, all men. Rev. John Chipman was first pastor. His name is found among the trustees of the land set apart for the erection of the first schoolhouse at ``Royal Side'' in 1692, which was located on Conant Street. He m. in 1685 Sarah, dau. of John and Mary (Treadwell) Gaines of Ipswich. He d. in 1735. She d. in 1751; buried at North Beverly."
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.