Note: From: FindAGrave. "Jan 31,1892 Deadly Coal Gas. A shocking casuality occurred on Oak street, Betevta* Friday night l a s t . On that night Mr. and Mrs. Charles De Wolf and their -5 year-old daughter retired, leaving, as usual, a fire in the coal stove in their room. On Saturday morning as they did not appear as early as usual, Mrs. Coultraux, a sister of Mrs. DeWolf, who lived in another part of the same hense, called them and receiving no reply she went to their room which was up stairs, to arouse them. She found their room filled with gas and hurriedly threw open the window and then tried to arouse them but Mrs. DeWolf was dead and Mr. DeWolf and the girl unconscious. Physicians were immediately summoend who worked pver the father and daughter all day. The little girl is now considered out of danger. Mr. DeWolf bad two sinking spells on Monday but he is now thought to be on the road to recovery. The remains of Mrs. DeWolf ware taken on Tuesday to Stafford for interment."
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.