Peter Sylvester Neer: Birth: 12 NOV 1803 in St. Armand, Brome-Missisquoi Regional County Municipality, Quebec, Canada. Death: 1 SEP 1810 in Anglican Church of Philipsburg, Brome-Missisquoi Regional County Municipality, Quebec, Canada
Hannah Neer: Birth: 4 JUN 1812 in Philipsburg, Brome-Missisquoi Regional County Municipality, Quebec, Canada.
Title: Frashuer, Mary Near, Our Canadian Nears and Early Kin Descendants of Carl Naeher, Palatine Immigrant to Colonial America, 1710 (Akron, Ohio : MFC Print. & Pub. Co., 1973)
Title: Jones, Henry Z., Jr., The Palatine Families of New York (A Study of the German Immigrants Who Arrived in Colonial New York in 1710) (Universal City, CA: 1985)
Title: 1850 U.S. Census
Title: Find A Grave, internet
Title: Kelly, Arthur C. M., Marriage Record of Kinderhook Reformed Church, Kinderhook, New York (Rhinebeck, N.Y. : A.C.M. Kelly, 1986)
Note: rl Naeher, Palatine Immigrant to Colonial America, 1710, (Akron, Ohio : MFC Print. & Pub. Co., 1973). Page 156 "Frederick and Anna Maria removed from New York to Missisquoi Twp. 'Quebec' prior to 1808 when they had a son baptized there. This and other records of the family are to be found in the Philipsburg, St. Armand, Frelighsburg churches of Missisquoi Twp.--these towns being close to the Vermont border. The records from these churches were copied 1964 at Sweetburg (the name Twp. This compiler is deeply grateful to Miss Margaret Near of Cecil St. Toronto for finding and digging out these records. No further church records of the family have been found in Canada after Anna Maria's death. At an unknown date Frederick returned to New York state purchasing land in Granville, Wash. Co., which he and wife Sally sold in 1827 (WCD). He is next found in the 1850 census of Saratoga Co. in town of Moreau: Frederic Near 77, Sarah 57, Fanny Brumagin 16. It is interesting to note that in the deed as well as in the census record his name has been spelled Frederic as it appears in the Canadian baptism record of his two children. The old Krans home is very fine and open to public tours. It was built by the "Smith Brothers: who lived, with their families, in the basement two years, carving mantles, making the windows etc. The children coughed so much, the parents cooked up all kinds of herbs until one concoction proved very effective--and so was born the idea that made them famous for their cough drops. The Krans home is in Frelighsburg and owned by the Missisquoi Historical Society, whose museum is an old converted flour mill."
Note: Frashuer, Mary Near, Our Canadian Nears and Early Kin Descendants of Ca
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.