Note: N8823 High Sheriff of Dorset 1901.
HEICS’s Bengal Cavalry.
On Jun 4 1866 he was made Deputy Assistant of the Commissary-General (in which position he had been Acting).
(United Service Mag 1866.)
Berkeley Cole Wilmot Williams
Ashley Paget Wilmot Williams (1867-dunm1912)
Meriel Gertrude Wilmot Williams
Hulda Gwladys Wilmot Williams
Presumably he met his bride because their parents were fellow officers in the 7th Hussars.
The census indicates that the following people were resident at Herringston House at the time of the census enumerators' visits:
* The 'Mansion House' is empty
* Residents: Thomas D & Sarah F Bayly, daughter, two stepsons and visiting nephew
* Birthplaces: Somerset (Thomas & Sarah) and Dorset (daughter Susan)
* Occupation: Barrister in actual practice
* Servants? 6: Governess, Footman, Lady's Maid, Cook, and 2 Housemaids
* Residents: Edward Wilmot Williams and three visitors
* Birthplaces: Ireland (Edward)
* Occupation: Retired ETS (whatever that may be)
* Servants? None present
* Address: Winterborne Herringstone
* Residents: Edward Wilmot Williams, two sons, one daughter, his mother, two sisters, one brother-in-law and two cousins
* Birthplaces: Ireland (Edward, his sisters and mother) and Herringston (Edward's children)
* Occupation: Landowner DL (JP for Dorset)
* Servants? 10: housekeeper, cook, nurse, kitchen maid, house maid, nursery maid, butler, 2 lady's maids and a scullery maid
* Residents: Elizabeth A Williams, son Edward Wilmot Williams, his wife Sophia, two of Edward's daughters, his sister-in-law and a niece
* County Wicklow (Elizabeth), Rostrevor, County Down (Edward), Kingstown, Ireland (Sophia) and Herringston (Edward's daughters)
* Occupation: Gentlewoman (Elizabeth), JP for Dorset (Edward)
* Servants? 11: housekeeper, cook, 2 housemaids, kitchen maid, school room maid, butler, footman, 2 lady's maids and a governess
* Residents: Edward Wilmot Williams, his wife Sophia, one son and one daughter
* Birthplaces: Rostrevor, County Down (Edward), Kingstown, Ireland (Sophia) and Herringston (Edward's children)
* Occupation: JP for Dorset (Edward) and Lieutenant RA [Royal Artillery] (son, Ashley)
* Servants? 6: housekeeper, lady's maid, butler, housemaid, kitchen maid and under housemaid
* Residents: Edward Wilmot Williams, his wife Sophia and one daughter
* Birthplaces: Rostrevor, County Down (Edward), Kingstown, Ireland (Sophia) and Herringston (Edward's daughter)
* Occupation: Living on own means JP County of Dorset
* Servants? 8: lady's maid, cook, 2 housemaids, kitchen maid, butler, footman and hall boy
WILLIAMS, ASHLEY PAGET WILMOT, Capt., was born 7 Jan. 1867, second on of Edward Wilmot Williams, of Herrington, Dorset. Heserved in the outh African War; was mentioned in Despatches, received the Queen's medal with three clasps, and was created a Companion of the Distinguished Service Order [London Gazette, 19 April, 1901]: "Ashley
Paget Wilmot Williams, Capt., British South African Police. In recognition of service during the operations in South Africa." He died on 30 Oct. 1912, aged 45 (" Time3 ").
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.